Advise needed in-out shower vlave

Users who are viewing this thread

glenm

Reaction score
I want to replace a shower faucet on an old valve that turns on and off by pulling and pushing with a newer looking set. I have gone to several places around town but cannot find anything that works on this kind of valve. Are there converter kits that are available for this kind of problem. The current hardware is very old so I can't figure out the brand. It has a round face plate and a tear shaped handle. If you can't tell already I am a rookie at this.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You have a classic Moen Chateau. There is ABSOLUTELY NO SUCH THING as changing the operation to a different model, EXCEPT by opening the wall from the front or the rear, and soldering in a complete new valve body. You may chose any brand or model once you open the wall. Moen and Delta are respected brands.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Moen

By "newer set" do you mean just a different appearance? If so, there are replacement trim sets in chrome, and polished brass which will fit it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks