Novice looking for information on installing utility sink in basement

Users who are viewing this thread

Pickngrin

Reaction score
I'm interested in installing a utility sink in my basement but have no idea about the requirements for the drain. Here is a photo of the drain pipe. I'm looking to do this cheaply.

Am I able to drain the sink into this main drain pipe?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
To do it easy It would have to connect to the ABS horizontal line but I don't know if it is low enough...

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

The easy answer is YES. The hard one is that it is more than just cutting a tee into the pipe and hooking your sink to it. You do not know about plumbing so there may not be a "cheap" way to have a plumber do it correctly. There would also be issues with connecting it to the washer drain line to the left, even if it were low enough which it does not appear to be.

Last edited:

Pickngrin

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I am going to call our plumber to see if it will be an expensive job (I don't want to invest a lot in this).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks