What do I use to reduce water pressure to Steam generator

Users who are viewing this thread

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
I am remodeling my bathroom and converting my shower to a Steam Shower. I was planning to use a Mr. Steam MS-400E generator. I noticed in the installation manual that they require the water pressure to be reduced to 15-20 psi. My water pressure is currently 60 psi. I'm on a well.

What device do I use to reduce the pressure? Preferably something small enough to fit in the cabinet (under vanity) which will house the generator.

And is this a good idea, or should i look for another brand generator that can run on full pressure?

I looked at Amerec generators but they don't have the controls in the finish that match my fixtures - but more interestingly, they want the water PH at 10.5 to 11.5 (Mr. Steam doesn't specify). My tap water is closer to 7.2 PH. Is 10.5+ reasonable?

Thanks again.

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
I searched Goggle for an hour at least looking for a water regulator valve that reduced pressure to a 20psi working range and was about to give up (everything seemed to be aimed at reducing pressures to the 50-75psi range) when I found what I was looking for. Ironically, it was a link from the (this) Terry Love website to series of plumbing supplies. The solution is a Watts model 123LP valve.
I gotta find that link again and save it as a favorite.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks