too much is going wrong!

Users who are viewing this thread

amw04004

Reaction score
Hi, first of all we have a septic system. I don't know if this could possibly be part of the problem or not but I do find it strange that we are having all kinds of plumbing issues that are seemingly unrelated...

First, we have a double kitchen sink that has always worked fine... now all of a sudden it doesn't want to drain, so thinking it just needs the disposal to be ran, you turn it on and all kinds of nastiness pops up in the other side of the sink.

Second, our bathtub refuses to drain, no amount of drain-o or snakes or whatever will make it drain.

Is there anything I can do, or are we just going to have to call a plumber?

Thanks!

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
we have a septic system ...
we have a double kitchen sink that ... doesn't want to drain ...
Second, our bathtub refuses to drain ...

Is there anything I can do, or are we just going to have to call a plumber?

Since you have not mentioned any toilet troubles, I would guess you need to clean the trap under the kitchen sink and have someone come clear the drain line for the tub ... and be sure to let him or her know about any and all chemicals you have already tried!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drains

Unless your sink has an AAV instead of a vent out the roof, ANY septic problem would not cause your symptoms. IF it were a septic problem the sink WOULD drain, but the water would come up in the bathtub or shower, and your toilet would not flush. You need a plumber to snake the drains and get them flowing properly again.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
We should start a company pool on these things just for fun.

I'm still betting on a full septic. I know, the toilet issue, but I done seen this a lot of times. My house in fact. For some strange reason, my toilet will flush and the regular drains won't when the tank's full. Oh, hell, the OP will probably never post what he found anyway. :(

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks