American Standard Cadet Flowise Toilet -- any good?

Users who are viewing this thread

BettyG

Reaction score
I know that the Toto toilets are favored on this forum, but we're tight on time, and we're probably going to have to buy what we can find in Lowe's or Home Depot.

Lowe's and Home Depot only have the American Standard Cadet Flowise in stock in the bone color, which is the color we need. I'm extremely hesitant to get a 1.28 GPF toilet, as I'm worried about how well it flushes.

Has anyone had this toilet for more than a couple of weeks, and does it do a good job of getting rid of solid waste? I hate those toilets with low water levels that leave stuff behind, if you will, when you flush.

I might be able to talk my hubby into waiting for a Toto, but then does anyone know if Toto's bone color is the same as American Standard's? We have an AS bone tub that we have to match. Maybe I should post as a separate thread...

Thanks for any advice.

Tara

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
TOTO Bone is similar to American Standard Bone

TOTO Bone is similar to American Standard Bone

I sell a lot of Toto toilets in Bone to go with American Standard.

Many of the new HET toilets work fine.
Either one would work.

I have a lot better luck with Toto.

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I know that the Toto toilets are favored on this forum, but we're tight on time, and we're probably going to have to buy what we can find in Lowe's or Home Depot.

Wow! Thats interesting...
Not only is my Toto Dealer closer than Lowes or, Home Depot...
But I can be in and out faster than trudging the aisles...
Finding what I want in a box on the shelves...
Waiting in a long checkout line...
Wheeling through the huge parking lot....
Loading it in the car myself...
returning the carriage to a spot out of the way...

At the Toto Dealer they greet me when I walk in the door...
Ask me what I want...
Bring it to the counter for me...
write up the sales slip and collect payment...
Then the sales person grabs one box and I grab the other and we carry it out to my car parked right outside the door and put it in the car...
Heck I'm probably driving away before I would have even found the right box on the shelf at Lowes or Home Depot...

Toto Dealer Locator Click Here

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks