Niagara vs. Vortens

Users who are viewing this thread

richieb

Reaction score
To conserve water, our condo is offering at no cost to its owners, the choice of upgrading to a Niagara Flapperless - Model N2216 or a Vortens - Model 3208. Any recommendations between the two? Of course I could just keep my old 18-litre American Standard which looks better than either of these new ones, and still works quite fine!

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Niagara is really a poor toilet. The Vortens has not had any reviews on this forum that I am aware of. See if the association would give you credit for one of their choices to apply toward a Toto Drake. These are a proven winner.

richieb

Reaction score
Evidently they will give us $195 if we install our own 6 litre toilet, so I think I will take your advice, thanks!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The TOTO Dalton was discontinued in Winter of 2011

$200 does get you into a first class toilet though, something like the TOTO Drake.

I had the Niagara Flapperless for a while, and then passed it down to my sister who chucked it after a few months.
I have a friend that bought the Home Depot version called Pegasus, which she tried to return and they wouldn't take it back, acknowledging that it was junk, but that had plenty of buyers at the price range for junk.
Hers lacks bowl wash in parts of the bowl, really annoying to have cleanup after every flush.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks