please help me select 7 new toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

kateskouros

Reaction score
we are building a new home and need to select seven toilets: need two for the master bath and i was thinking of the SOIREE or GUENIVERE but then thought maybe it would be best to go with the lloyd ...for the Gmax flush. it is significantly more expensive than the soiree or guenivere though. is it worth it? or if not the lloyd, which would you select the guenivere or the soiree? the master bath is very high end and while i definitely want good toilets everywhere, i want to pay close attention to what is installed in there.
we are looking for all ADA height toilets, except for the jack & jill...

next up, the downstairs main guest bath: this one will get a lot of use. we wanted a PROMENADE but it doesn't come with CEFIONTECT. then again, i can get the DARTMOUTH in ADA height, no CEFIONTECT BUT also has Gmax flush... what do you think?

for the jack and jill i am going with the tried-and-true drakes, regular height with CEFIONTECT.

for the remaining mud room bath and second floor guest we are thinking about a couple of daltons.

please feel free to suggest other models. we prefer more traditional style and the drakes are about as modern looking as we'd like to go. not loving the styling but the performance seems exceptional. also, not comfortable going over 4K. thank you for any help!

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Soiree is a more modern look with sleek lines.
Guenivere is a more traditional looking toilet.

Promenade does come in CEFIONTECT in the regular rim or the elongated rim and is also ADA height.
For the difference in price between the Dartmouth and the Promenade, i would pick the Promenade.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Soiree and the Guinevere work just fine as there are.
I sell a lot of them, most of them are ordering the second, third and forth.

Just this morning, a customer from last year ordered a second Guinevere installation.

Any of the Toto products that use the 3" flush valves work fine.

The Aquia does well with the 2" flush valve.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Just a note on toilet quality.

Jamie tried to install a American Standard Glenwall wall hung toilet today.
The first tank was bad, so he packed up, went to the wholesaler, opened a second tank box, that was defective too, opened the third box, that one worked.
So out of four American Standard boxes opened, two were defective.

It also made a simple toilet change out, a two trip project.
Two trips to pick up parts, two trips for the installation.
A little bit of help from the American Standard factory would be nice.
Please pay your inspectors to pull this junk "before" you ship it.

And that's why it's a no-brainer to choose Toto.
Less then 1% returns with Toto.

We installed a Toto Soiree in Sammamish today.
That turned out very nice.
The home was built in 1987 with a traditional look.

The Promenade comes in CEFIONTECT versions.
The Dartmouth and Clayton don't. They are still very nice though.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks