Things removed from a toilet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
As a homeowner I know the things I have pulled from my toilet through the years when my kids were small, and I caught them in time. My one son tried to flush his brother, ONLY kidding, lol. I am sure there were times, and probably STILL times, he would give thought to it, :) But he is 6'3 and over 200 lbs, I doubt he would fit even in a Toto.

But, as plumbers what strange or even, maybe on the other hand even common things that you pull out or find.

So far, Terry said, a GI Joe man, toothbrushes, cell phone, make up pens,tarpoons, measuring cups, on another thread, can anyone add to it?

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
My toilet manages to flush everything I put down it.

So...no comment I'm afraid.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Things I have pulled from toilets...

Marijuana Test Kit

Toy alligator and various other childs toys

toothbrushes...many

TP holders

blue shop towels

wash cloths

tightly wadded up TP

other stuff I have forgotten about

toilet-batman.jpg

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
My toilet manages to flush everything I put down it.

So...no comment I'm afraid.
Ian

So, does that mean you are putting all the things listed above?
And they go right down?

Or that you are careful to not drop sand dollars, doggie throwing ball, shampoo bottles and plastic toy cars in the bowl?

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Let's just say I watch what I eat. :cool:

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Well, Tom my new kitty was almost added to the above list... he can't hear but he can jump, I had to pull him out. Good thing, I heard the splash and knew we didn't own a pool. Now, he is blue like the ocean. He is a blue deaf cat who can jump and run like the wind. Hope he can swim. :)

Achutch

Reaction score
Well, Tom my new kitty was almost added to the above list... he can't hear but he can jump, I had to pull him out. Good thing, I heard the splash and knew we didn't own a pool. Now, he is blue like the ocean. He is a blue deaf cat who can jump and run like the wind. Hope he can swim. :)

Cookie,

Poor little Tom! I'll bet he'll think twice before he takes a jump into the toilet.

Over 5 years ago when Tyler (pictured above) lived with his previous human, he jumped into the bathtub after it had just been filled. I was told that he wasn't too happy with his wet experience. Of course, back in the spring before I moved to the Mountain for the season, Tyler jumped into the shower with me. Most of the water was hitting my back, but when Tyler realized what he had done, he got out of there fast.

He did take a dive into my Cadet 3 as soon as I brought it out of the box. I posted pictures of Tyler in the Cadet 3 for Ian in the thread started by the person asking for suggestions for 6 new toilets.

Our kitties get into everything, but, and I speak only for myself, I wouldn't be without one!

achutch

Cookie

Reaction score
My Bob is like your Tyler with the water. Bob loves to jump in the bathtub with me, and it gets alittle hairy at times, lol. Tom has been awake very early this morning and already knocked 500 QTips in the toilet compliments of my son who forgot to close the lid. I actually counted them to make sure I got them all, (it was a brand new box) Tom is still minty green this morning, one would never know that an orange tabby and tidy bowl blue makes a minty green cat.

Achutch

Reaction score
My Bob is like your Tyler with the water. Bob loves to jump in the bathtub with me, and it gets alittle hairy at times, lol. Tom has been awake very early this morning and already knocked 500 QTips in the toilet compliments of my son who forgot to close the lid. I actually counted them to make sure I got them all, (it was a brand new box) Tom is still minty green this morning, one would never know that an orange tabby and tidy bowl blue makes a minty green cat.

WOW! To have a cat actually jump into the tub with you must be quite an event. There are some who actually like water; a former coworker told me that her cat liked to jump in the tub while she was taking a bath, and would go nuts over the scent of the shampoo she was using.

At home, Tyler will get in between the shower curtains and grab my leg (and sometimes gives me "little teeth")! At the camp, where I am now, the tub is an old claw footed 1925 "Standard". He will walk full circle around the tub, but has never jumped in.

500 Q-Tips in the toilet!!!! WOW! While inconvenient, it was best to pull them out and not try and flush them. Tom can live with his new mint green fur to serve as a reminder not to jump into the toilet! (His natural color must be beautiful)! And we all know that if a cat gets into mischief where something breaks, or falls over, or spills, it's never that cat's fault. In your case, your son forgot to close the lid. In my case (Tyler punched out a corner of a window pane in the camp over the weekend while I was at work) it was my fault because the putty had come loose outside and I hadn't fixed it, plus I had to leave him for 2 night (with lots of food and water).

Since this is a toilet forum, I'll end with the fact that Tyler is fascinated by water, drinks out of the faucet, sleeps on the toilet lid for hours, but hates the sound of the flush, especially the one inside the cabin which is very noisy. But when the tank refills, he often sniffs around the tank lid and gives head bumps to the flush handle. Just what is he thinking?

Matt aka achutch

Cookie

Reaction score
Bob is 21 years old and acts like a kitten at times. He looks great and has loved the water as long as I can remember. He is really clever, Tom I can tell is smart. Bob I had to ban from the bathroom because he stands on the sink and when he wants out he can open the door to the whole world on me, lol. In the summer I will put some water in the tub and let him go in and out at his own leisure. He never bothers anything, well, that is almost. When the boys were littler I would reprimand them on not shutting off the ceiling fan light and fan. I have learned to always trust my kids when they tell me something, like they were not turning it on. Until, I caught Bob on the table pulling the chain, laying down under it, feet up, and enjoying cooling down then, when finished he walked away. All evidence blown away...

:) Tyler and Tom would get along well! They are plumbers cats.

Last edited:

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
Few years back, my apprentice, at the time, and I went to do a quick service call for a blocked toilet. I had to pull the toilet. As I held up the toilet, I asked my helper to reach under to the hole and pull out what ever he felt, as the doctor/homeowner looked on.. This darn thing kept slipping out of his fingers. He finally caught it and it slipped to the floor.
Like a flash of light, the owner swoops down, picks up the item, and takes off out of the bathroom. I am stunned as I'm holding the toiet with both hands.

I asked< "what the hell just happened?"

My helper just snickered and giggled> he could not keep a straight face.He managed to stop giggling long enough to tell me he had just pulled out an "Anal Dildo".

The wife walks in and with a straight face, asks me to check the other toilets in the house (how many dildos did she own?):eek:

It turns out that her toddler little girl found it and was playing with it and flusshed it down the toilet:p:p

Cookie

Reaction score
Years ago, when young and first started teaching, I taught at a home for exceptional children and we got to know the plumbers by name for they pretty much were there weekly. I remember one time, while the plumber was snaking one toilet, one of the kids, took his tools and was flushing them in the other toilets.

Last edited:

hotsauce

Reaction score
blackberry

...yes out of a commercial building (office tower).

Had to pull the toilet to get it out. The woman took it back at dried it out on her desk.....then actually tried to use it.

She's an odd one....which sort of explains how it wound up there in the first place.

toilet-charger.jpg

Maybe a phone charger?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks