nalby

Reaction score
I have a well that has high iron and some h2s. the well water is:
iron 4.4
H2S. 05
ph 7.7
hardness 12.5
tds 230
I also have a ge water softener and 2 carbon canister filters.the water after the softener is:
iron 1.2
H2S .05
ph 7.7
hardness 0
is their a way to eliminate all the iron? I was thinking maybe a birm filter.
any thoughts thanks

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Pour a 1/3 cup of Iron Out into 3 gals of water, make it all dissolve (add more water if needed), then pour it into the water in the salt tank, wait 2 hrs and do a manual regeneration.

Then see if you can increase your salt dose lbs and if you can, raise them 2-3 lbs and that should get rid of all the iron unless you have IRB.

IRB and other reducing types of bacteria can create your H2S odor.

You can't use brim if there is H2S in the water. If you have IRB you must kill it, and that would get rid of the iron and H2S.

Last edited:

nalby

Reaction score
Wow that was quick. thank you for the tip one question how do I increase the salt dose lbs? The softener is the GE smartwater do I turn up the hardness number?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks