(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Movie Review, The Shell Seekers

I watched it while eating dinner that my son made for us, sometimes, people's lives are as hard as what was illustrated in the characters. For some it is their reality.

For those who care about others, the movie and its point isn't necessary, for those without compassion & or empathy, it means nothing and would be laughed at or ridiculed.
    Last edited by Cookie; 08-31-2009 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut9199 View Post
    I know what Hallmark is, i was kidding because they are usually "Sappy" movies.

"UP" is a little sad at the begining but is a really good movie, it's not on DVD until November.
    I have... let's say a advanced copy (cough, cough).
    I would lend you my copy, but it's a little far to get it to you.
    ha ha, I am alittle bit bad about returning things, too...

Plumbing Designer FloridaOrange's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    I watched it while eating dinner that my son made for us, ..
    Already?? (Seven Pounds)?
    Matt
    Semi-professional plumbing designer
    Enjoying life in SW Florida

Yes, my son and I both migrated home early today.

One of the best movies to me, is an oldie, (1997) As Good as it Gets, it warm, funny and you walk away feeling good about yourself or striving to become a better person. ( Quote from the movie)
    Last edited by Cookie; 01-15-2010 at 07:05 AM.

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale Peanut9199's Avatar

The only thing i ever like Greg Kinnear in except for the episode he did on "Friends".

Oh, you are observant I never recognized him! He is really good in that movie. The movie is supposed to be a comedy, but I found it actually, to be very Inspirational, too.

Tonite, was Freddy Krueger nite... Yikes

Here is a movie for you guys to rent tonite, if you can find it,

I am home sick and just watched it on tv, it is goooood...

Leprechaun 4 and you don't even have to be Irish...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116861/

or:

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/leprechauniv/

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

If we are talking about the best movie of all time then this is it. You have simply not lived until you have seen this film.

Watch it Cookie. For me...

I own that movie. My best friend bought me it, my boyfriend, and the first time I watched it, I had to pull it out, and couldn't finish watching it. Then, about a year later, I put it back in and finished watching it. Even though my life wasn't involved in real war, I feel like I have been through one and I related to the movie because, I tried to hide my boys from the horror I was going through with my health problems I tried not to be the mom on the block with cancer, but it kept coming back, and getting worse. When I couldn't hide it anymore because I looked sick I had to tell them the truth that I was in a battle but one I would win. I felt if I believed it with all my heart, so would they. Life is beautiful, but not the horrors. And, when their dad died, and they were left with me, it had to be the scariest feeling on the face of the earth for them. But now they are men, going to start families of their own and, thankfully, we made it. I have so much in my life now. I help others confront the horrors and like, the movie, show them life is beautiful... and to fight for it. To imagine... to imagine the beauty of being well, and being free, and being happy.

Thank you Ian, I hope this isn't information overkill but, it is my life, it is my reality. And, I can't apologize for it.
    The movie is worth watching, but very difficult to, maybe more people should especially those who were dealt a great hand in life, because it depicts how the other half has to live who wasn't.
    Last edited by Cookie; 09-02-2009 at 08:16 PM.

Default The Notebook

Now, here is a movie, I watched it only once, because it is just oh so... sappy, My heart can only take it once... lol.

A very good movie. Watch this one Ian... (with a box of tissues at the end)

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808467146

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale Peanut9199's Avatar

My favourite movie of all time.

Groundhog Day

Only tissues you need if when your laugh too hard and tears come to your eyes.

Name:  t00458awtxk.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  8.9 KB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_yDWQsrajA

One of my favorites, too. My cat I actually bought there, tried for the groundhog, Phil, but they wouldn't sell him.

Great little town. Very quaint.

This movie is a riot.

My Cousin Vinny

I love the part where he has a dresscode problem. lol. My neighbors can probably hear me laughing.