(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53

Thread: Movie Review, The Shell Seekers

  1. #1

    Default Movie Review, The Shell Seekers

    I just finished watching a movie on Hallmark, The Shell Seekers, and really recommend others to watch it. After it was over, I found myself running into my older son in the kitchen, and asking him, " do you think, I have been a good mother?" He looked surprised and starting laughing, but once he saw I was serious he said, " yes, the best " and asked me why I was asking that, I went on telling him, I was watching this movie and I am sure he thought... oh, that explains all, lol.



    http://www.amazon.com/review/product...rBy=addOneStar

    I have plans on reading the book next.

  2. #2
    Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale Peanut9199's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    876

    Default

    Sorry you lost me at Hallmark.

    Saddest movie i seen in a long time was "Up" the cartoon.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4mVc...eature=related

  3. #3

    Default

    Did I lose you because you don't get that station? Hallmark is a Tv station, where they play pretty good movies most of the time. Either classics or grammy winners or even, the mini-series. This movie, The Shell Seekers, was really good, not only for the acting but for the script. I didn't find it sad, I read where the book is supposed to be, but the movie was engrossing. I haven't seen UP, I watched the trail and it looks good, I would watch that, it reminds me of this one movie, which I can't think of the name, but it was cartoon characters, about life on a farm and the chickens talked. And, there was a mean farm lady and all the chickens were afraid of her. Are you familiar with this movie?

  4. #4

    Default

    I might stop at Redbox and see what they got for tonite. Any recommendations?
    I remember when movies would cost an arm & an leg to rent.

  5. #5
    Plumbing Designer FloridaOrange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    Recommendations:
    Slumdog Millionaire - I had this movie in my possession for 3 weeks, I shouldn't have waited.
    Seven Pounds

    For sci-fi types:
    Push - was way better than I thought it was going to be
    Matt
    Semi-professional plumbing designer
    Enjoying life in SW Florida

  6. #6
    Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale Peanut9199's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    876

    Default

    I know what Hallmark is, i was kidding because they are usually "Sappy" movies.

    "UP" is a little sad at the begining but is a really good movie, it's not on DVD until November.
    I have... let's say a advanced copy (cough, cough).
    I would lend you my copy, but it's a little far to get it to you.

  7. #7
    Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale Peanut9199's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaOrange View Post
    Recommendations:
    Slumdog Millionaire - I had this movie in my possession for 3 weeks, I shouldn't have waited.
    Seven Pounds

    For sci-fi types:
    Push - was way better than I thought it was going to be
    I haven't seen Slumdog but would like to
    Seven pounds i thought was very long and slow.
    Push i tought would be a lot better than it was, but i would expecting a lot more going in and when you do that your usually disapointed.
    If you go in not expecting much it turns out usually better.

  8. #8
    Plumbing Designer FloridaOrange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut9199 View Post
    I haven't seen Slumdog but would like to
    Seven pounds i thought was very long and slow.
    Push i tought would be a lot better than it was, but i would expecting a lot more going in and when you do that your usually disapointed.
    If you go in not expecting much it turns out usually better.
    Yes, Seven Pounds was a bit slow but I thought it was powerful. My wife completely broke down in that movie.
    Matt
    Semi-professional plumbing designer
    Enjoying life in SW Florida

  9. #9
    Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,781

    Default

    You guys are all wrong. The best recent movie has to be Gran Torino. By far.

  10. #10
    Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale Peanut9199's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    876

    Default

    I forgot about that one and yes that was really good, i loved the old lady next door.

    The daughter was also very good and i never seen her before that movie "Ahney Her" great performance for a first time.

  11. #11
    Plumbing Designer FloridaOrange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gills View Post
    You guys are all wrong. The best recent movie has to be Gran Torino. By far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut9199 View Post
    I forgot about that one and yes that was really good, i loved the old lady next door.

    The daughter was also very good and i never seen her before that movie "Ahney Her" great performance for a first time.
    I'll second that. That movie will probably go down as Clint's last great one as somewhat of a badass. I'm also biased, a Ford was a supporting character!
    Matt
    Semi-professional plumbing designer
    Enjoying life in SW Florida

  12. #12
    Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale Peanut9199's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaOrange View Post
    I'll second that. That movie will probably go down as Clint's last great one as somewhat of a badass. I'm also biased, a Ford was a supporting character!
    I can't remember does Ford stand for:

    Found-On-Road-Dead

    Fix-Or-Repair-Daily

    or

    Fast-Only-Rolling-Downhill
    Last edited by Peanut9199; 08-31-2009 at 11:23 AM.

  13. #13
    Plumbing Designer FloridaOrange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut9199 View Post
    I can't remember does Ford stand for:

    Found-On-Road-Dead

    Fix-Or-Repair-Daily

    or

    Fast-Only-Rolling-Downhill
    IMHO it's better than:
    Drips Oil Drops Grease Everywhere
    or
    Can Hear Every Valve Rattle On Long Extended Trips
    Matt
    Semi-professional plumbing designer
    Enjoying life in SW Florida

  14. #14

    Default

    Ford stands for, Fix or repair daily. We owned a ford once. Only once, never again. I would had gleefully pushed it over a hillside. So, to get even, what I did was when the stock took a nose dive, into pennystock value, I bought a whole bunch of it. I am hoping it will go up and then, I can get back all the money I lost on that miserable little ford car.

    I am a sap for sappy movies Peter. But, my favorite are comedies. I am going to watch 7 pounds. If it is too sappy, I will turn it off. That is me. I don't even watch the news, I read the news from the net, that way I can pick or choose what I want to hear about.

  15. #15
    Plumbing Designer FloridaOrange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Ford stands for, Fix or repair daily. We owned a ford once. Only once, never again. I would had gleefully pushed it over a hillside. So, to get even, what I did was when the stock took a nose dive, into pennystock value, I bought a whole bunch of it. I am hoping it will go up and then, I can get back all the money I lost on that miserable little ford car.

    I am a sap for sappy movies Peter. But, my favorite are comedies. I am going to watch 7 pounds. If it is too sappy, I will turn it off. That is me. I don't even watch the news, I read the news from the net, that way I can pick or choose what I want to hear about.
    7 Pounds is not sappy but it is depressing.
    Matt
    Semi-professional plumbing designer
    Enjoying life in SW Florida

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •