(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: For Plumbers:

Hybrid View

Default For Plumbers:

Just received my new issue of NaturalHome magazine. There's an interview in this issue with Megan Lehtonen, president of GreenPlumbersUSA.

http://www.naturalhomemagazine.com/P...-Lehtonen.aspx

http://www.greenplumbersusa.com

Thought somebody here might be interested.

Last edited by Terry; 08-30-2009 at 08:13 AM.

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter shacko's Avatar

Default Green Plumbing

Most plumbers that I know are aware of ways of designing a system with minimal impact on the envionment but, we have to do it the way the local jurisdiction dictates. For this to work there would have to be changes in the local laws.

Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area

In all the years I've been plumbing,

I cannot even begin to tell you how often people ignore a leaking faucet(s), high water pressure, leaking flappers in toilet.

Then to go a step further, malfunctioning aerators on the tips of spouts, inefficient water heaters, poorly maintained humdifiers on furnaces.

That leaking outdoor faucet, even the hose itself...

If people were forced to address these issues, we'd be green in our thinking.

But it's double irony when a customer wants low flow toilets and has high water pressure, wants a low water usage washing machine?

???

In the big picture it does not make sense. The idea is good, but fix what's there to start....seems like too many people have issue with taking care of what's in their back yard, instead of "projecting" for something better.

I'm now going to flush my 10 gallon toilet 4 times, watch the pretty blue water flush away.
    Read what the end of this sentence means.

I don't think people want to ignore things, but because their are only so many hours in a day, things get put off, not just household things, either. How many times do we say, we will take better care of ourselves, we will start to diet tomorrow, etc, and then we don't. Yet, we expect our bodies to last forever in good shape, too. So, our faucets drip, our toilets run, our bodies sag, and we wonder why this all happens. We probably need more discipline, time and money .

Quote Originally Posted by organic_smallhome View Post
    Just received my new issue of NaturalHome magazine. There's an interview in this issue with Megan Lehtonen, president of GreenPlumbersUSA.

http://www.naturalhomemagazine.com/P...-Lehtonen.aspx

http://www.greenplumbersusa.com

Thought somebody here might be interested.
    I wonder what state Megan Lehtonen is a licensed plumber in. What a joke, it makes ashamed to be a UA member, pushing this crap.

There is one truth that I recognize in the article, that Americans do use double of water than that of the rest of the world. That has been a fact for too long.

Last edited by Terry; 08-30-2009 at 08:13 AM.

Plumbing Designer FloridaOrange's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    There is one truth that I recognize in the article, that Americans do use double of water than that of the rest of the world. That has been a fact for too long.
    We have alot more water than other places in the world. Comparing our water usage to Africa isn't really a fair comparison.
    Matt
    Semi-professional plumbing designer
    Enjoying life in SW Florida

Quote Originally Posted by kordts View Post
    I wonder what state Megan Lehtonen is a licensed plumber in. What a joke, it makes ashamed to be a UA member, pushing this crap.
    Really? What's "crap" about it? Seriously.