Bright White Rear Exit "Comfort Height" Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Ikat

Reaction score
I will be replacing a rear exit toilet and would like a bright white comfort height - but no one seems to make one (I was interested in Gerber - until I read the thread on this Forum - thanks, all!). According to the plumbing supply shop, the American Standard tends to be off-white.

The shop is recommending the Duravit gravity in-wall units, with a wall hung rear exit bowl. Aside from the sheer cost of this, does anyone know how they hold up?

The contractor wants to put in a Kohler pressure, but they're the wrong height, and I don't want to have to fight with him - and then end up ripping out costly new tiles - if the Duravit isn't reliable.

Thoughts? Other options?

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Duarvit is very reliable and if your lucky enough to be able to install a in-wall carrier system you will not be sorry.

We used to carry Kohler years ago we now carry Toto and Duravit, but the in wall carrier is not made by Duarvit the system they use is Geberit and that is what you should be wondering about and yes they are the best.

Ikat

Reaction score
Thanks!

Thanks!

I was hoping someone would have some feedback on these - I'll probably pick the Happy D because it has much higher clearance numbers (MpA?) than the other Duravits, although lower than the pressure systems.

The elongated bowls Kohler and American Standard are making are really a problem in a small urban bathroom - 29 - 32" is half the width of the room.

And, yes, I plan to get the carrier, etc.

Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks