Sand will not end

Users who are viewing this thread

Big Archery Nut

Reaction score
Two years ago I replaced the drop point in my well which is on my recreational property. It is jet pump system and is 65' deep and has a 2" casing. I did not know what gauge the original point was so we went with a 60 gauge point. We ran the system for hours to clear out the sand and it seemed to work. It was just a few weeks later we had sand throughout our piping and trailers. I bought a spiral filter with a 100 micron screen and this keeps the sand out of the piping and trailers but I still fill the filter and it backs up into the pump. We blow the filter down continuously. I attach a garden hose ahead of the filter each time we go up to the land and let it run for hours trying to clear the system. Could I have the wrong gauge point? The whole area is sand and as far as you dig it's sand and very few rocks. Is there a way to measure the sand that is in the filter in order to size the screen gauge in the point properly? Can I get too fine of point screen and have issues with it plugging up? If my 100 micro filter stops the sand is there a micron to gauge comparison? What in microns is a 60 gauge point screen? I'm worried about ruining my pump.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks