Toilet with 18 inch rim height

Users who are viewing this thread

TKS

Reaction score
Hi,
In researching for a toilet bowl with a higher than average rim height, I stumbled across your website. I read a question posted in 2003 regarding a search for a toilet bowl with an 18 inch rim height by a gentleman who was moving from a handicapped accessible home. I am currently on a hunt for such a toilet and was wondering if you have come across this item since the request was made. I'd greatly appreciate your sharing of this information.
Thank you.
TKS

Kordts

In the Trades
Reaction score
There is a company that makes bases that seal on the flange, then the toilet seals on the base. You can get to 18" that way.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
You'll likely find what you want by getting a thick (tall) toilet seats. Handicapped (ADA) toilet rims are at 16-16-1/2" rim height and standard toilet seats are about 1" to acheive the min. 17" handicap height.

Is this for a tall person or a handicapped person?
Google turns up this:
Maddak%20Extra%20Wide%20Elevated%20Toilet%20Seat%20with%20Legs.jpg

With and without legs and other variations. Found Here

And also thick toilet seats:
fp-comfortseat-hinged-toilet-seat-riser.jpg

Found Here

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks