Anyone Had Experience With GFX?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sixlashes

Plumber in Previous Life
Reaction score
I ended my plumbing career before these gravity film (heat) exchangers came on the scene, so I have not ever installed one: http://www.gfxtechnology.com/VGFX.html

But it interests me because I have a high gallon-per-minute shower in the master bath and a wife that doesn't draw the parallel between the high gas bill with her love of the shower.

I have the height available to install it in the drain line, but do they work?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I saw a TV show on this, maybe Rich Tretheway. Can't remember what the stats were. Seems like a relatively inexpensive device, especially if some rebates are available. So I suspect that there are savings available.

I think it must be installed as close as possible to the shower drain to be effective. Otherwise, a lot of heat is simply lost off the pipes by convection and radiation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks