Any Tamper Resistant Tank Lids for Toto?

Users who are viewing this thread

Firemark

Reaction score
I just installed a couple of Toto Aquia's in my home and I'm very satisifed. I also have a couple of rental properties where I have to pay for water usage. I am considering replacing the old 3.5 gpf models but noticed many tenants use those tank tablets that corrode the working parts. Yeah, I've tried putting restrictions in the lease terms but that hasn't fully worked.

Does Toto or someone else have a kit to make the tank tamper proof to prevent people from opening the tank? I thought I saw something from Caroma but don't want a Caroma toilet.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Here's another thought. Raise the damage deposit and tell the new tenants that tampering with the toilets will automatically forfeit the deposit. Assure them that if there is a problem they should call you immediately and not attempt to fix it themselves. Make sure everything is in writing and signed by both the renter and yourself.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks