Set-Rite Kit Toilet Flange Spacer System

Users who are viewing this thread

Emmvee

Reaction score
I have a Toto Promenade on order. Because of a new floor, I need to raise the flange height. I've looked at the Set-Rite kit, and it seems they've put a lot of thought into making it work. My one concern was the adapter they use, which goes down to 2 1/2" I.D. Does this cause any issues with Toto toilets (the Promenade specifically)? Any other feedback on this kit?

Emmvee

Reaction score
Extender Kit SREX2004R will extend any toilet flange up from 1/4" to 1 5/8". Kit includes the extender, gasket, 6 stainless steel screws(self drilling) and a 1/8, 1/4", 1/2" and 3/4".

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
2-1/2" id is too small for any toilet. Although this device may work for raising the flange level, it seem to me to be overkill. There are extension rings in various thicknesses that can be added to a flange, sealed with silicone, and screwed into the floor that work very well. Any plumbing shop has them and they are cheap.

how2do

Handy Tom
Reaction score
Website
www.handy-tom.com
Set-Rite Extender Flange - Worked for Me

Just wanted to chime in on this thread....the fact is most toilets have an opening of less than 2-1/2"...the Toto being the exception since it is 2-1/8 inches in diameter.

I have used this product before and it works as advertised, those piece of crap extension rings, used with silicone, just do not make me feel all warm and fuzzy about their longevity...and potential to leak.

The one thing that sold me on the Set-Rite kit was that is 'code-approved' and has been tested by IAPMO is certified by the UPC.

I am attaching a photo which shows the Set-Rite extender flange held up to a toilet base. I got it off their video.

ToiletOpening.jpg

JerryR

Reaction score
Check out http://sanisealgasket.com/

I've used them recently on 4 installations in my homes with excellent results. A single seal will work even if the flange is 3/8" below floor surface. If flange is even lower than 3/8" below finished floor they claim you can stack 2 of them.

Jerry

how2do

Handy Tom
Reaction score
Website
www.handy-tom.com
Just wanted to chime in here again on the Set-Rite products, Sani-seal and UPC labeling...while I have never used the Sani-Seal...it doesn't seem like it will fill the voids with the imperfect manufacture of a toilet the way using a wax ring would...I guess I am old school...!!! The Set-Rite kits have worked for me for almost 10 years now...without a call back...The main reason why I chose their kits was because they are plumbing code-approved...unlike any of the products out there dealing with toilet flange repair or setting a toilet...which by the way...none of them are...And certainly stacking a bunch of wax rings is not the answer...to remedy a low toilet flange...

Reach4

Reaction score
Sani-seal and UPC labeling...while I have never used the Sani-Seal...it doesn't seem like it will fill the voids with the imperfect manufacture of a toilet the way using a wax ring would...I guess I am old school...!!!

No experience placing toilets.... but it seems to me that Sani-seal would be good for the person who is not sure the toilet will be totally free of rocking due to some kind of strain on the flooring (a flawed situation). Plus, it seems that it would take real art to be able to position a toilet that will need shims without deforming wax a bit much to completely seal the after-shim position of the bowl. I suspect Sani-seal's resilience would rebound a tad to compensate for either problem.

how2do

Handy Tom
Reaction score
Website
www.handy-tom.com
It got me thinking about this Sani-Seal product and sought out some reviews...Here is one...."If the gap between the bottom of the toilet and the toilet drain flange on the floor is small, these seals are not a very good option. The foam rubber compresses only so far, and the toilet will end up resting on the seal, rather than around the edge of the toilet base, no matter how much you push down. Gaps that are too small happen when the plumbers are careless with the flange/drain installation and put the flange up on top of the finish floor, or don't put the bottom of the flange tight down to the sub-floor. In these cases, you need to redo the plumbing, or use a regular wax seal. Because of the design of the sani seal, it's easy enough to test fit the seal first and switch to a wax seal if you need to." The object of the ball game is to use the wax ring as a seal...not as a coupling...and although the Sani-Seal may work on some installations...for how long is the question. I'll stick to wax...I hate callbacks!! There is no money in them and definitely not good for my customer reviews...amongst themselves!!

The only part of this guy's review I do not agree with is..."...when the plumbers are careless with the flange/drain installation and put the flange up on top of the finish floor..." Indeed...the toilet flange is supposed to be installed 'on top' of the finished floor...Most of the problems with toilet flange leaks is because most flanges are either installed incorrectly to begin with or bathroom floors have been remodeled and the flange is then at a different height...That's why I prefer to use a product like Set-Rite which bring the toilet flange back to where it is supposed to be....and it is code approved...which I prefer...

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks