Gould pump keeps running

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Templass

Reaction score
Well, I'm back ... same problem different year, and I'm going crazy.

We have a 280' deep well with a 3/4 hp Gould pump, in the basement. The pump shuts off, but only after it runs for 1/2 hr or so. We lowered the switch setting to 17-37 because it seemed to take forever to go beyond the 37 psi level. Needless to say, our pressure sucks.

When we run the outside hose with the water wide open it loses pressure after a while and water slows to almost a trickle.

Do we need a new pump ... new well (nooooooooo)?

I know nothing about the insides of the pump, but I'll tackle anything (as long as it's explained sorta like a Dummies for Pump parts book).

Thanks guys, ahead of time, because I LOVE this website. I tell everyone about it.

Regards,

Jackie:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you look at your private messages, you'll see I moved your original thread where it is likely to get more help.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
1 - Pump is going bad, (impellers & or motor)
2 - Well is going bad (no water, no recovery)
3 - Pump screen is plugged ( sediment )
4 - Pretty bad leak in the line ( may be at the pitless gasket )

All 4 require the pump coming up out of the hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks