Toto Dalton?

Users who are viewing this thread

organic_smallhome

Reaction score
We were going to go with either the Promenade or the Drake II, but toilet+seat+installation would run us over $700. Too expensive for us right now. So we thought we'd get the Dalton, and when we upgrade our upstairs half-bath in the future, we'll move the Dalton up there and then purchase a Promenade or Drake II for downstairs at that time.

I won't go with any other brand, but I need to be economical. I know the Dalton has neither CEFIONTECT nor GMax nor double cyclone flush. But does it work well--in terms of not clogging, etc.? There are only two of us, but we get tired of unclogging our approx. 25-year-old AS toilet, so would like not to have this problem in the future. And is it a quiet flush?

Thanks. Once again. :)

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Dalton is good bang for the buck. Discontinued

Updated 6/17/2014
The TOTO Entrada should be looked at.
CST243EF Round
CST244EF Elongated

Last edited:

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Switching trip levers are tricky thing unless you have a "fits all" trip lever, because most trip levers are bent to fit the guts of the toilet and the shape of the tank.
The Dalton has a trip lever in the front of the tank and the Clayton is the only other toilet that has a front trip lever (except for the old style Promenade).
So depending on the style of trip lever your looking for your very limited.
Trip levers are also very expensive.
Clayton Trip lever
Trip.JPG

You can also put a Carusoe tank on the Dalton bowl if you like and that has a side trip lever.

organic_smallhome

Reaction score
Switching trip levers are tricky thing unless you have a "fits all" trip lever, because most trip levers are bent to fit the guts of the toilet and the shape of the tank.
The Dalton has a trip lever in the front of the tank and the Clayton is the only other toilet that has a front trip lever (except for the old style Promenade).
So depending on the style of trip lever your looking for your very limited.
Trip levers are also very expensive.
Clayton Trip lever
View attachment 8192

You can also put a Carusoe tank on the Dalton bowl if you like and that has a side trip lever.

Just saw this. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks