If they've got Bill wrong, I'm dead

Users who are viewing this thread

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
How much do you want to bet that IF you wanted to get hurricane insurance up north, they'd take your money and the policy didn't take effect the day you committed to the policy?

It's impossible (at least here) to get homeowner's insurance when there is any sort of tropical storm in the Atlantic or Gulf.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I was wondering FloridaOrange. What is a "continuous soffit"?

Do my leaky windows and doors count?

Scuba Dave....I am sorry but your "addition" is a little under-stated. Round here, we'd call that building a Town.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Update on Bill....

Bill remains a Category 3. It looks like we will be getting thunderstorms tonight and tomorrow. I have made suitable preparations.

Rainfall could easily reach one inch tomorrow.

My Zoeller is primed...

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
I was wondering FloridaOrange. What is a "continuous soffit"?

At the underside of the eaves of my house there is no soffit board, just vented or perforated (plastic) soffit. This by the way is not my house.

Here's a pic:
Continuous%20Soffit2.jpg

The idea is to promote airflow in the attic, pretty common down here.
ventilation.jpg

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
In this pic you can see the soffit on my house. The landscape is now mature and unfortunately the mustang is gone.... :(

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,283

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Er, if that were me the house would have gone long before the Mustang.

Wish me luck. It's God versus Zoeller. And I think I know who is gonna win. ;)

Issued by The National Weather Service
Baltimore/Washington, MD
2:07 pm EDT, Fri., Aug. 21, 2009

... STRONG THUNDERSTORMS TO AFFECT THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA... ARLINGTON... AND PRINCE GEORGES COUNTY...

AT 205 PM EDT... DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED STRONG THUNDERSTORMS ALONG A LINE EXTENDING FROM CENTRAL MONTGOMERY COUNTY SOUTHWEST TO FAIRFAX VIRGINIA... MOVING NORTHEAST AT 25 MPH.

LOCATIONS THAT WILL LIKELY BE AFFECTED BY THESE STORMS THROUGH 3 PM INCLUDE AMERICAN UNIVERSITY... GEORGETOWN... BALLSTON AND ALEXANDRIA.

WIND GUSTS OF 40 TO 50 MPH CAN BE EXPECTED WITH THIS STORM. WIND GUSTS WILL LIKELY OCCUR BEFORE IT STARTS TO RAIN.

HEAVY DOWNPOURS MAY REDUCE VISIBILITY BELOW A MILE AND CAUSE PONDING OF WATER ON ROADWAYS.

HEADING DIRECTLY TO IANS HOUSE>>>NON STOP>>>

Last edited by a moderator:

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Wow you do like "Orange" don't ya.

That's where the name came from, originally on the Mach1Registry and it's just stuck. I never in a million years thought I would've liked an orange car but I absolutely loved that ride.

Just some background info on the car-
Thats one of 12 hundred something produced in Orange (734 with manual trans), less than 16000 over two years in it's limited run for all colors and trans combos. Orange was only available in the '04's.
Mach 1's had their own interior, dash and motor; not shared with any other Mustangs.
All aluminum motor and heads with 10.5+:1 compression.
The hood scoop is functional, tied into the air intake system.
I've had the car over 140 but I wussed out on pushing it anymore, stock it's capable of 155-160 before aerodynamics rears it's ugly head.
0-60 in under 5 seconds, 1/4 in 13 flat with a capable driver.....stock.
Not too bad for a N/A car.

Edit to add: The hoodscoop is cast aluminum using the same casting as the original Mach 1's.

Last edited:

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Er, if that were me the house would have gone long before the Mustang.

I always said the keys would only be given up in death.

Then she came along (and she needs a nice house to live in).

Attachments

• DSC05998-small.JPG
    DSC05998-small.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,263

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Wow Matt
She's a pretty lil one...

A future Fox for sure...

Look out!

3 daughters here... I know! :D

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Thanks Red.
I will be adding to the gun collection as she gets older. By the time she's dating age I should have an assortment that will make her date think twice, hopefully.

3......I don't know what I would do. Are they coming up to/at/past their teen years?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks