no pressure from well/pump off

Users who are viewing this thread

David1234

Reaction score
I have a deep well submersible pump with Well-X-Trol Model WX-202 pressure tank, Square D FSG2 Class 9013 Series B pressure switch, Franklin Electric #280-1070-101 3/4 hp 60hz 1-phase 3450rpm Control Box. Believe the well/pump is about 300 feet deep. House and well build in 1977. Noticed a week ago that pump kicked on/off a few times when no water was being used. A few days ago, started having low pressure all over the house (it's happened b4 and so I didn't think to check the psi gauge). Then it went to pencil-size trickles and I noticed pump was not coming on and the gauge shows 0 psi. Turned off circuit breaker and heard all water in pipes and water heater draining back into the pressure tank. When turned CB back on, got a small trickle at all faucets/baths. Today it went to NO water. Power is back on, still have 0 psi and pump is not kicking on. There is no visible shut-off valve outside or inside between water entry into basement and the tank. Does this sound like a simple fix (like power off and clean nipple/change pressure switch and/or control box)? Even if not a simple fix, I would like to be pointed in a direction where I won't be ripped off by outside service. I have a good Fluke multi-meter and generally good at fixing things. Thanks very much for any help or reply. PS This site is great!

Speedbump

Reaction score
Hi David,

No offense, but if you were good with that Fluke meter, you would have already checked out that almost 30 year old motor. I think from all you indicated above, you may be looking at replacing the pump and motor.

That's a long time for a pump to last.

You may want to check out that WX-202 also. If it's that old, it is probably needing replacement also.

bob...

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
It sounds to me as if you have a serious leak. The leak is probably in the drop pipe the pump is hung on in the well. That may have had the pump running often or constantly which has caused the pump motor to finally fail.

The key to that is the water lines draining into the well. It could be a leaking check valve in on the pump outlet but, then the pump would still be able to run and it has quit or the leak is so big no water can get past it to the house.

There should never be anything between a pump and its pressure switch that can be shut off (a valve) or block up. That could blow the pump off its plumbing or cause leaks in the plumbing or fittings.

And since you don't trust service guys... how do 'we' check you out as to what type customer you might be and become? Really, its all about the money, and who eventually gives it to whom... ;)

Gary
Quality Water Associates

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks