Food

Users who are viewing this thread

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
I was listening to the news last night and at the CNE this year (Canadian National Expo) they are selling "Deep fried chocolate dipped bacon", "Chicken fried Bacon" and "Pizza on a stick".

Not sure why kids these days are obese, but i do want to try them.

I went to Scotland a few years ago and searched everywhere for Deep fried Mars bars but couldn't find them, everyone there said "oh i think so and so sells them" but no one did.

Cookie

Reaction score
I like chocolate anything! It is my weakness.

Just a note here Peter, lol, that I was just going out for the first coffee this morning (just waking up) and, my cat decided to get in front of me to make sure I follow so he gets breakfast. While following him I am talking to him ( I talk to him) and looking at him from behind, so, I tell him that he is getting fat and I am going to have to put him on the a windmill. Windmill? Just then, my son walks in and asks, why I am going to put the cat on a windmill? :)

Uh, I don't know, I thought he was fat. So, I was going to spin him around .

(sometimes things just make no sense but you got to laugh)

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
I am not sure I would like that, are you going to try it? :)
My cat is bulimic. My girlfriend is a vet, and he truly has an eating problem, I kid you not. He will eat whatever you put in front of him and whatever amount you put in front of him. Then, without sticking his paw down his throat, he will throw up. yuk. I am sure... he would eat it. Then, I get to clean it up. :(
He is 21 and been doing this since we got him.

What he won't throw up is his favorite meal:

Pieces of cheese (american), olives, cottage cheese and what he will dance for, Isaly's Chipped Ham. He loves people food. Chocolate? I don't feed him that because that can kill him, and we like him. :)

Last edited:

Peanut9199

Reaction score
I will try anything once.

I love going out to a restaurant and trying something new, what i want to try is a Brazilian restaurant where they keep bringing you slabs of meat (all kinds) and you have to flip a card to red to stop them.

Cookie

Reaction score
One of my secrets to my life is... I am very good cook and I make sure, no one knows, :) because then they won't expect me to cook for them.

But... I do one day want to write a small cookbook, on waffles. I have been creating different kinds of waffles for 20 years. I grow my own berries and make them all from scratch and they are great! I have experimented on my kids, and some were real clunkers but, some are fantastic.

Peanut9199

Reaction score
One of my secrets to my life is... I am very good cook and I make sure, no one knows, :) because then they won't expect me to cook for them.

But... I do one day want to write a small cookbook, on waffles. I have been creating different kinds of waffles for 20 years. I grow my own berries and make them all from scratch and they are great! I have experimented on my kids, and some were real clunkers but, some are fantastic.

I make a good French Toast, my secret is i put in "Garlic powder, Oregano and Basil" in the egg mixture.
Then when you put syrup on it you have the sweetness of the syrup and the bite of the spices.

I've never made waffles, i don't have a waffle maker.

My cousin was in Belgium last year and she went in to a restaraunt and said to her friend we have to get waffles.
When the waiter came she said "I would like the Belgium waffles" and on cue he said "Um.. in Belgium we just call them waffles" and everyone started laughing.

Cookie

Reaction score
I like buffets, I can't do them anymore or shouldn't, is what you are talking about kind of like a buffet?

Cookie

Reaction score
I make a good French Toast, my secret is i put in "Garlic powder, Oregano and Basil" in the egg mixture.
Then when you put syrup on it you have the sweetness of the syrup and the bite of the spices.

I've never made waffles, i don't have a waffle maker.

My cousin was in Belgium last year and she went in to a restaraunt and said to her friend we have to get waffles.
When the waiter came she said "I would like the Belgium waffles" and on cue he said "Um.. in Belgium we just call them waffles" and everyone started laughing.

I think that is funny. I would be laughing too.

I do the same thing with the waffles. I don't know how it started, well maybe I do, years ago planting the berry bushes. I really didn't think it would work with all the deers but, they don't seem to bother them too much. So, I had all these berries and I had just bought myself a waffle maker. I really get into creating new ones, I haven't done it well, in a while but, it was fun when I did. I came up with waffles like your french toast. One of the clunkers was, should I admit this? lol, :) Ah, what the heck it was worth a good laugh back then, I can still see my kids faces, :) I used Sardines. Trust me, it was a clunker. It was horrible!

I also, use the oils you can buy for Pizzelles, I make terrific Anise ones.

This place you spoke about is it in Canada? Or do you have to go to Brazil?

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Oh, that place looks great, I could eat in there. Alittle pricey but I never eat out so that would be my splurge. Nice place, let me know if you go there. It looks good. It is close to dinner time and I am hungry, lol. that made it worse.

I can't do it now because I am working, but I will PM you later my mother's recipe for the cookies with anise. It can be strong depending on how much you use, my mother's recipe is perfect, if with the first batch it is too strong for you, just reduce the amount next time. She made great cookies. You can also, use other oils, lemon is another. I still like the anise much better but, I grew up making those things one cookie at a time with her. We actually used an iron you had to hold over the heat, then, we progressed to a one-cookie at a time electric, mine makes 4 at a time. My family were all bakers especially my grandmother. Even my dad. We were very ethnic, an international family of sorts, and the food, too.

I can make great sauces, Italian, soups all kinds, especially wedding, and I can bake like a dream. I love making soups if your mother wants a really great wedding soup recipe I can give you mine.

Peanut9199

Reaction score
Not sure if everyone has seen this or not i just got it but it's gotten over 20million hits.

It's called "JK Wedding Entrance Dance" and is great.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cookie

Reaction score
Did you see this one after it? This one is really neat...

This is their divorce entrance dance.

Peace and love!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks