Toto Gwyneth/Drake II/UltraMax???

Users who are viewing this thread

organic_smallhome

Reaction score
I thought we had finally decided to purchase the Promenade, but one last trip to the bath store convinced my husband that he prefers the Drake II (formerly the Gwyneth?). Doing research on it has confused me a bit. This is what I think is the correct lay of the land:

The name "Gwyneth" was changed to "Drake II."

The "Ultramax" is the old "Gwyneth" but is a one-piece toilet.

The "Drake II" is also the old "Gwyneth," but is the two-piece toilet.

The "Drake II" comes with CEFIONTECT, an elongated bowl (no round bowl available), ADA compliant seat height, double cyclone rinse, requires a 12" rough, and is 1.28, but can be converted to 1.6, if necessary. Correct?

If so, my question is: Is converting the Drake II to 1.6 difficult for my plumber to do, and does it affect the quality of the flush or cause more problems down the line? (We currently have a 14" rough, but my plumber is moving it to 12" for us.)

Another question: Here's the spec sheet I found that Terry posted:

https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst454_spec.pdf

If I order this toilet, should I order it with this model # (CST454CEF(G), as a "Drake II," even though it's listed as a "Gwyneth"?

Finally, in selecting "Cotton White" or "Colonial White," which is the better "generic" white? We purchased this vanity, which as a very creamy, bright white sink.

Thank you for all your help.

Attachments

• AAAAArqBCeQAAAAAAIrDwQ.jpg
    AAAAArqBCeQAAAAAAIrDwQ.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 928

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Toto uses a 3" flapper, for their flushvalve between the tank and bowl.

They use a 2-1/8" trapway from the bowl to the floor flange.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Converting back to 1.6g takes about 30-seconds, and you can do it yourself (basically, take the weight off the flapper, or replace it). But, try it the way it comes, it works. Worse comes to worse, you can hold the handle down a bit and it will empty the tank more.

Last edited by a moderator:

organic_smallhome

Reaction score
Converting back to 1.6g takes about 30-seconds, and you can do it yourself (basically, take the weight off the flapper, or replace it). But, try it the way it comes, it works. Worse comes to worse, you can hold the handle down a bit and it will empty the tank more.

Thanks. My concern about 1.28 v. 1.6 is because I think I read somewhere on the forum--I think it was HJ who stated it (but not sure)--that the 1.28 doesn't always work as well in old houses.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks