3 wire pump

Users who are viewing this thread

buckeye

Reaction score
replacing a 3 wire water well pump, old wire is only 3 wire. a 3 wire pump has 4 wires how did they do this?

Waterwelldude

Well driller,pump repair. and septic installer
Reaction score
The red, black, and yellow, go in the same place as the old pump. The green wire is a ground

Travis

buckeye

Reaction score
they only had a 3 wire going down hole to the pump, a pump with 4 wires

Waterwelldude

Reaction score
Unless you want to buy 4 conductor submersable pump wire, cut the green one off the pump, or strip about 3", and rap it around the end of the pump.

That green ground wire is supposed to go all the way to the control box ground screw.

Travis

buckeye

Reaction score
my pump has the yellow wire connected to the blue, does the blue go to yellow spot in box or to ground as on switch

Waterwelldude

Reaction score
the red wire goes to the red in the box
the yellow goes to the yellow in the box
the black goes to the black in the box
the green goes to the ground in the box

They can not be changed in any way.

buckeye

Reaction score
my pump has 4 wire red, yellow, green and black, we stripped the green and wrapped around the pump, the wire going down hole is 3 wire black,red and blue, the blue hooked to yellow, in the box should i have 2 wires and blue to ground, as in the switch red and black with blue to ground, or should it 3 wires to strip

Waterwelldude

Reaction score
The wires can not be changed in any way.
If the yellow wire is spliced to whatever color it has to go to the yellow in the box.

The green is the only ground. If the wires or not put in the box in there slot it will not work.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks