Delta 18 series valve question

Users who are viewing this thread

susandoc

Reaction score
I am looking at installing Delta T18T240-SS jetted shower system and would also like to add a handshower on wall bar.
I know I need the XO valve for an extra outlet.

Delta has a few valves but I think I need the 18442.
I'm confused about the WS (with stops).
My husband says this is for the diverter and has stops for the functions.
I read somewhere this is for "shutting off" water supply, but was that referring to the universal valve?

Just wondered if anyone has installed this system and can direct me to the correct valve requirement.
I know there is a "preplumbed" version which is the series with the jets right above the handle and has a big cover plate. Not my taste.

I called Delta but the rep said the XO was for extra jets....I didn't waste my time trying to explain. I also emailed them and not received a reply.
The installation manual online is slightly confusing as it covers all valve options.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It's my understanding that 'WS' , they are for servicing the valve...they normally aren't accessible once the trim is up.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
stops

Integral stops are for servicing purposes, but since most plumbers do not have to remove the trim plate to work on the faucet, the stops would never be used. By the time someone did want to use them they would probably be frozen in place so they would not work anyway.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
They can be handy if you are doing the work yourself...you can test the connections, then close the valves to complete things like tiling, installing the rest of the system, etc., but any in-line valve would work. A Sharkbite end cap would work as well during construction. Usually not worth the cost. If you needed to take the cartridge out to take it to the supply house to check on parts to matc it up, they would allow you to leave water on to the rest of the house.

susandoc

Reaction score
Thank you - sounds like I was on the right track for what WS meant.
So - could be a good thing if ever needed, and is only a few dollars more for that valve version.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks