Toilet Splashes After Flush

Users who are viewing this thread

Banj

Reaction score
Everytime I flush my toilet, droplets of water would splash out onto the seat and sometimes even onto the floor. The superintendent came in and changed a bunch of parts but that didn't help. Next he changed the entire toilet (from an American Standard to an Eljer) and that still didn't help. Now he's suggesting that I buy a one piece TOTO toilet. I had a licensed plumber come in to have a look and he too suggested that I need to get another toilet. It's been a nuissance and I have no idea how to get rid of the splashing problem and I'm not sure if changing toilets again will solve my problem. Some retailers have suggested that the AS Cadet 3 is a good bang for the buck, but the I read from a forum here that somebody had splashing problems with it as well. I am confuzzled. :confused:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Let me go out on limb here with a wild guess. Those retailers that recommend the AS Cadet 3 don't just by chance sell them do they?

Banj

Reaction score
Thanks for the notes! I was just thinking that maybe I had a pipe/drainage issue rather than a toilet issue, since we already tried replacing the toilet. But TOTO I will try.

And yes the retailer carries AS products, he's also suggested a St. Thomas Palmero that supposedly has a very calm, quiet flush, which he says will alleviate the splash problem.

Curious, is this a common issue with toilets? I've actually never encountered this problem except in public washrooms.

Thanks again!

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Maybe pressure assisted or just poor design. I'd suggest a Toto Drake ADA height, elongated bowl. No splash and virtually clog free. Can't say "never clogs", because there will always be someone who tried to flush monster turds and a whole roll of TP:eek: But, clogs just don't happen with Toto because of superior design of the trapways.

Seaofnames

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.boilermakers359.org
I've been very happy with my AS dual flush ADA height 2 piece.

I would have bought a Toto, but they raised their prices just before I bought it, and I had seen some decent reviews of some of the AS line up.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Before you do anything, make sure the fill tube in the tank is directed down the overflow tube.

Most toilets will splash if the trap is not properly refilled after flushing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks