Here I am...Kicking and Alive

Users who are viewing this thread

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
My mother ended up twice in the hospital, because she couldn't sleep for days and she couldn't stop moving or even sitting down for more than a minute.
She also got very agressive to the point she was going to punch a Doctor for asking too many questions and she's 63.

She's down to 10 and 7.5 alternating days and next month it will be 7.5 everyday. She can only go down 2mg a month alternating months.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I guess then I am lucky that tomorrow is my last day on them...I only take 1 pill tomorrow and then it's over...not sure what the crash will be like...none I hope...

Peanut9199

Reaction score
It shouldn't i think the Doctor told my Mom you have to take it for more than 25 days (not sure how they came up with that number) you can come off or drop down to your original dosage.

She went from 10 to 50 when she got really sick and they told here as long as she isn't on it for over a month she can drop back to 10.

You may have a headache but i think that would be all.

Cookie

Reaction score
Peter, how did they tell your mother to take the pills? Did they suggest milk or food and did they tell her the time of day to take it?

Cookie

Reaction score
I guess then I am lucky that tomorrow is my last day on them...I only take 1 pill tomorrow and then it's over...not sure what the crash will be like...none I hope...

You probably will find you will wake up a couple times during the night and be like wide awake, it is then, a tv comes in real handy. I would imagine this will happen for about 2 weeks Cass, and you will continue to be hungry for about the same amount of time. But it all goes away. A headache is possible because your oxygen levels will be adjusting theirselves but it remedies itself, the body is a wonderful piece of machinery in that it tunes itself up like the cars of today, no more need for a tuning gun.

Peanut9199

Reaction score
Yes Milk or food, food being the best.

She takes it only once in the morning after breakfast.

When she was at a higher dose we split it one in the morning and one after dinner but a side effect to it is insomnia so we switched to both in the morning.

Cookie

Reaction score
Yep, that was what I was going to suggest if they hadn't already. The earlier in the day she can take it the better.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Now, we should be grateful too for Steriods because they solve so many problems. It saves lives.

But,

I remember my brother's dog even being on steriods for a skin problem and this nice, normal dog who kisses me to death for years, he knows me! nearly took my face off this one time when I went to pet him. :)

Peter, they told me that the dog paced all night, they had to get his nails clipped for it kept everyone awake.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Not daily but from time to time...that day when I thought I was haveing the attatck I grabbed 2 (I keep a bottle in the truck) and let them slowly dissolve in my mouth...so something helped...

Cookie

Reaction score
Lee, I thought you dropped off the face of the earth! I am glad to see you are back, how have you been?

Cookie

Reaction score
Not daily but from time to time...that day when I thought I was haveing the attatck I grabbed 2 (I keep a bottle in the truck) and let them slowly dissolve in my mouth...so something helped...

Yeah, and who told you to take a baby pill daily? hmm... let me think. :)
People, if you aren't 18 anymore, please that the little baby aspirin or 81mg daily, at the very least ask your doctor if you should.

Last edited:

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
I had no side effects

"Other short-term side effects of prednisone include insomnia, euphoria and, in some cases, even mania. Using prednisone for long periods can cause side effects such as Cushing's syndrome, weight gain, osteoporosis, glaucoma and type II diabetes mellitus. Upon withdrawal of prednisone after long-term use, patients also suffer from depression."

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prednisone

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Yeah, but you got to know how that works. When a drug company puts that long list of possible side effects on the label it is because as little as 2 people had that side effect. It takes only 2 people out of the trials for it to be put on the list. The big side effects, the widely known side effects the doctor will tell you about; the remote ones never get told for that reason, the chances are nil to none.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
People, if you aren't 18 anymore, please that the little baby aspirin or 81mg daily, at the very least ask your doctor if you should.

I am only 34 and I decided to take the plunge. I spend a lot of time flying which is another good reason to take it.

If I get any side effects, I'll stop. I have been on aspirin for months now.

I did not ask my doctor. I know I should have.

Cookie

Reaction score
You should talk to your doctor first, but, probably fine to do, especially if you do fly alot. But, people honestly worry too much about stuff. I know it is hard not to, but it can be done. I don't mean to preach or lecture but what you are feeling is normal people don't realize that sometimes. Just the other day, my oldest son, so old at 26 said to me, " man, I am getting old." My God, I got to be ancient for I gave birth to him, 26 YEARS ago! Today, on the phone, I had to listen to the machine message, first it said, to push the language I wanted, but failed to give me an option of any. So, I stood there looking in the holes hoping it realize its own folly. But, the woman on the machine came back saying, " you didn't select a language." I stood there thinking, well, I do have my blonde moments but if I can understand you, it must be English? Eventually, it got disgusted with me not entering anything even though I was pushing anywhere from the number 1 to 10, so it gave me another option. I sat down, got my coffee put it speaker phone, if I had a cigerette I would lit it, and listened. This message was giving me age brackets! "From age 19 to whatever push one... I felt really old by the time it had hit mine ten minutes later.

So, we are really only as old as machines make us feel. :)

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
But, people honestly worry too much about stuff.

I agree Cookie.

But my biggest fear is never being able to spend my pension.

To be "free" again. It must be like being a kid.

Strangely I am not afraid of death. I have already been there. It's just like it was before I was born...

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks