Here I am...Kicking and Alive

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
I still liked the one where I told Jimbo, that their was a big rise on identity theft because the dead people were stealing identities. ;) Not exactly what I meant, but it is exactly how it came out. You wonder why their are editors, eh.

*I think we need a blooper section. ;)

Cass, can I help you get well? :) lol.

Last edited:

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
I have minor chest aches and pains a lot, just like your arms and legs might feel after a hard day's work. I do not know if this is normal ...

Can you do more squats or more pushups? My bottom half has always been stronger than my top half, and my arms tire easily when working overhead. Thus, the heart attack I experienced was a blockage in some small arteries behind the heart ... and somehow, all of that is related!

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Let's just say that I have never been able to do a pushup.

Cookie

Reaction score
Hey, I am so excited I just got back from getting a new parttime job to help make ends meet. It is kind of funny because the lady said, " any chance you are going to wear any of these clothes here?"

HA. Not on your life. They sell maternity wear! :)

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Actually, pregnant women usually wants to buy a house.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Can you do more squats or more pushups? My bottom half has always been stronger than my top half, and my arms tire easily when working overhead. Thus, the heart attack I experienced was a blockage in some small arteries behind the heart ... and somehow, all of that is related!

Can a woman answer this, too? I lift weights so, I have a stronger upper body and arms. But, I ride a bike and use a treadmill, too.
I think... how it might all be related is the way, the blood is able to flow through your arms and legs due to oxygen.

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
Can a woman answer this, too? I lift weights so, I have a stronger upper body and arms. But, I ride a bike and use a treadmill, too.
I think... how it might all be related is the way, the blood is able to flow through your arms and legs due to oxygen.

Blood flow is certainly the issue, and I was surprised to learn "a heart attack" is not caused by something being wrong with one's heart. Rather, it is "an attack on the heart" ... and the problem stems from the circulatory "plumbing" around or even near the heart, and some of us seem to have poor plumbing in that area. In my own case, just holding my arms above my shoulders for several seconds is somehow enough to reduce or restrict the flow of blood to my heart and cause a shortness of breath and angina (chest pain). I really know very little here, but I do know keeping our plumbing cleared out -- read: radical diet change -- can be a life-or-death matter.

Cookie

Reaction score
You are very right Joe, no doubt about that. The analogy is really on the money.

Last edited:

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
I think, we as humans probably take better care of our cars or computers, than we do of ourselves.

Well, of course! Cars and computers cost money and have resale values!

We do not allow ourselves to think outside the box.

We find "inside the box" more comfortable.

I think, we need to realize what we think and feel, either distresses our bodies, or benefits it.

I sometimes suspect that can have an even greater impact.

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
Last friday my son Jacob and I went to do a water line foundation break about 20 miles from my home...All went well pigtailing out of the foundation with 3/4 K copper and packjointing back on to the polly that had broken right at the foundation...we started at about 10 AM or so and pulled away from the job at about 3 PM...traveling home I was about 1 mile from my exit when I started getting extreem pressure on my chest...

Squatting or even sitting and bending over to do work in that kind of position also causes me trouble ... but if I then stand erect and stretch my shoulders and arms back to expand my chest, the pain usually goes away quickly.

Cookie

Reaction score
Blood flow is certainly the issue, and I was surprised to learn "a heart attack" is not caused by something being wrong with one's heart. Rather, it is "an attack on the heart" ... and the problem stems from the circulatory "plumbing" .

That is exactly what I was told regarding my husband. Exactly. I never knew it either.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Just a recomendation my friend but you may want to go and have a stress test done so as to not end up like I did / almost did...us guys are hard headed and will make excuses for not going to the DR. when we should...

Squatting or even sitting and bending over to do work in that kind of position also causes me trouble ... but if I then stand erect and stretch my shoulders and arms back to expand my chest, the pain usually goes away quickly.

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
Just a recomendation my friend but you may want to go and have a stress test done so as to not end up like I did / almost did...us guys are hard headed and will make excuses for not going to the DR. when we should...

Yes, I have a voluntary one coming up in about a month. I failed the last one about six months ago and refused more "band-aid" angioplasty, so this one will tell whether I have made any real progress via the diet-and-exercise department!

Cookie

Reaction score
I really do love your comparision of plumbing and the heart, it works for me, so, I am going to ask you, you are on draino right? :) or that foaming stuff, not that copper sulfate, lol, but the good stuff. They got good stuff out now for draining the veins Joe. Cass is on one, too.

Cass is right too, men are hardheaded, so keep that apt. :)

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
I really do love your comparision of plumbing and the heart, it works for me, so, I am going to ask you, you are on draino right?

Grapefruit pectin, and I have experimented a bit with chelation.

They got good stuff out now for draining the veins Joe. Cass is on one, too.

Please enlighten me! I have read books and looked around a lot, and I have yet to hear of any medication for actually cleaning existing blockages in arteries or veins.

Cass is right too, men are hardheaded, so keep that apt. :)

You bet!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks