(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Here I am...Kicking and Alive

DIY scratch-pad engineer leejosepho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Can a woman answer this, too? I lift weights so, I have a stronger upper body and arms. But, I ride a bike and use a treadmill, too.
    I think... how it might all be related is the way, the blood is able to flow through your arms and legs due to oxygen.
    Blood flow is certainly the issue, and I was surprised to learn "a heart attack" is not caused by something being wrong with one's heart. Rather, it is "an attack on the heart" ... and the problem stems from the circulatory "plumbing" around or even near the heart, and some of us seem to have poor plumbing in that area. In my own case, just holding my arms above my shoulders for several seconds is somehow enough to reduce or restrict the flow of blood to my heart and cause a shortness of breath and angina (chest pain). I really know very little here, but I do know keeping our plumbing cleared out -- read: radical diet change -- can be a life-or-death matter.

You are very right Joe, no doubt about that. The analogy is really on the money.
    Last edited by Cookie; 09-13-2009 at 05:25 PM.

I think, we as humans probably take better care of our cars or computers, than we do of ourselves.
    Well, of course! Cars and computers cost money and have resale values!

We do not allow ourselves to think outside the box.
    We find "inside the box" more comfortable.

I think, we need to realize what we think and feel, either distresses our bodies, or benefits it.
    I sometimes suspect that can have an even greater impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Cass View Post
    Last friday my son Jacob and I went to do a water line foundation break about 20 miles from my home...All went well pigtailing out of the foundation with 3/4 K copper and packjointing back on to the polly that had broken right at the foundation...we started at about 10 AM or so and pulled away from the job at about 3 PM...traveling home I was about 1 mile from my exit when I started getting extreem pressure on my chest...
    Squatting or even sitting and bending over to do work in that kind of position also causes me trouble ... but if I then stand erect and stretch my shoulders and arms back to expand my chest, the pain usually goes away quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by leejosepho View Post
    Blood flow is certainly the issue, and I was surprised to learn "a heart attack" is not caused by something being wrong with one's heart. Rather, it is "an attack on the heart" ... and the problem stems from the circulatory "plumbing" .
    That is exactly what I was told regarding my husband. Exactly. I never knew it either.

Just a recomendation my friend but you may want to go and have a stress test done so as to not end up like I did / almost did...us guys are hard headed and will make excuses for not going to the DR. when we should...

Quote Originally Posted by leejosepho View Post
    Squatting or even sitting and bending over to do work in that kind of position also causes me trouble ... but if I then stand erect and stretch my shoulders and arms back to expand my chest, the pain usually goes away quickly.

Just a recomendation my friend but you may want to go and have a stress test done so as to not end up like I did / almost did...us guys are hard headed and will make excuses for not going to the DR. when we should...
    Yes, I have a voluntary one coming up in about a month. I failed the last one about six months ago and refused more "band-aid" angioplasty, so this one will tell whether I have made any real progress via the diet-and-exercise department!

I really do love your comparision of plumbing and the heart, it works for me, so, I am going to ask you, you are on draino right? or that foaming stuff, not that copper sulfate, lol, but the good stuff. They got good stuff out now for draining the veins Joe. Cass is on one, too.

Cass is right too, men are hardheaded, so keep that apt.

Rugged, I am salavating for some of that tender cut chicken slathered is gravy...
    Cass
    No. I don't think so. Tofu is your friend.
    Taste Like Chicken!

Glad to see you made it Buddy!

I really do love your comparision of plumbing and the heart, it works for me, so, I am going to ask you, you are on draino right?
    Grapefruit pectin, and I have experimented a bit with chelation.

They got good stuff out now for draining the veins Joe. Cass is on one, too.
    Please enlighten me! I have read books and looked around a lot, and I have yet to hear of any medication for actually cleaning existing blockages in arteries or veins.

Cass is right too, men are hardheaded, so keep that apt.
    You bet!

Actually, I was talking about the meds they have out, which I am sure you know about, their are quite a few. Here is a pretty good article to read, dates back a few years.

http://www.post-gazette.com/healthsc...bloodthin2.asp

It was Red's fault. I was reading a very good article he had written. I told him, he should post it here, it is that good. Facts I never knew, pretty good stuff.
    Red, was kind enough to let me post the link here, it is a really good article, very well-written and very worth well reading,

http://411plumb.com/mesothelioma-plumber-pipefitter

Cass, it has been how many weeks since your heart attack? How are you feeling these days? How's it going?

Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area

I just ate 40 bowls of total.
    Read what the end of this sentence means.

Total is for sissys...

I just had 3 links of italian sausage, 4 strips of thick cut smoked bacon, hash browns, a small side of biscuits and gravy, and 4 X large eggs fried in butter over easy with whole wheat toast and coffee...
    \
    Gota have the whole wheat toast to stay healthy ya know...