nu bath alabama

Users who are viewing this thread

valrider

Reaction score
I was wonderin if any body out there has used nu bath in central alabama. These guys are out of the park on there pricing, i would truly get other quotes before using them we did and saved over 2500 for the same items and our bath looks great

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tub

IF the NuBath cost anywhere near $2,500, then you would be money ahead to tear the tub out and install a new one. It would cost a lot less than that.

3m

Reaction score
If nu bath is anything like re-bath that we have around here, it will cost over 5000.00 to have a liner installed over your old tub and existing walls

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
flying saucer

Just a comment about your logo. It is obviously not a picture of a real flying saucer, because real pictures are always blurred and severly out of focus, so they look like bad pictures of frisbees.

RS

Reaction score
I have used NuBath or NewBath...

I have used Nubath, NewBath. They are the same, just a spelling change. When I researched traditional remodeling I found It's easy to spend 5 to even 15 thousand dollars. The problem I saw was the inconsistency with the outcome. I was affraid of spending thousands of dollars and not being sure how it would turn out. There are thousands of reports from people getting ripped off from remodelers.

I did ALOT of research about Newbath and found that they have never had a single complaint. The better business bureau said they were "Accredited." I didn't know much about their product, Acrylic. But again, after ALOT of research, I found it has a higher resale value than normal remodels. However I found nearly every other acrylic remodeler reported with "rip-off reports." Apparently there is a big difference in newbaths acrylic and others here in alabama. Either way, I am very pleased with the job I got done. Maybe I could have saved a few dollars, but I wouldn't risk it if I were you. I'm proof that newbath does a fantastic job.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Ummm Are we being spammed here?
In a total of 3 posts by these 2 users... Which is all they have made....
The High Praise of NuBath is deafening....

Jake in IL

Reaction score
I have also used Nu-Bath

And I am NOT happy with it.
First off the guy that installed my tub and shower liner screwed up and cut the hole for the shower head too low. Too low for me to take a shower standing upright. He then said it was my idea to put it there. DUH!
Now the lining in the tub has low spots that will not drain on it's own, I have to use a squeegee to finish draining my tub.
Also there is spots in the tub that gives when you step on them. I don't know if they put supports in under the liner that have moved or just a weak liner.
Now Nu-Bath wants a hundred dollars to remedy the problems.

NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The liners are supposed to "fit" the tub, so there would be no need, or way, to put "supports" under them. The ones I have seen just sit inside the tub and are caulked around the edges. When water gets between the liner and the tub, because they are not glued together, you feel like you are walking on a water bed, and there is often NO WAY to get rid of the water.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Installing a tub liner or wrapping your tiled shower walls with a liner is like being an Ostrich and looking fear in the face and then just burying your head in the sand. People know they have a problem but they just don't want to see it. By covering it up you trap it there and make matters worse.

Old leaks can and many times harm structure. Bugs and such come to live in these moist areas and make things even worse.

Kids and elderly people get sick easily from mold and a set up like above is asking for trouble. I have heard a few stories about the nasty cover ups people have done and the looming redo.

Why do your bathroom twice? Do it right the first time. If time is an issue hire your plumber to rip out the old tub and tile assembly and install a new tub with ready made backer unit. Don't put your head in the sand.

These products are total crap in my opinion and only cater to those not wiling to accept reality. People want to be told it's easy. Fast. You get what you pay for. I would never let my kids bath in a "Cover Up" room nor would I want my new born baby sleeping in the ajoining room.

My thoughts. I renovated bathrooms for a living - I see monthly the harm water does to a home. Don't trap this moisture in your home.

Do it right the first time.

JW

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks