Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
neo_550_adapter.jpg

On the left, the current shutoff, which is moved behind the bowl and using the Neorest supplied shutoff.

neo_550_connection.jpg

On the left, the connections from the wall supply, and up to the bidet seat.

neo_550_top_guts.jpg

Before the seat is placed on the bowl.

neo_550_open.jpg

With the seat open.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Neorest 550 Installation

Bringing a Neorest 550 to a customers home for installation
neo_550_box.jpg

In the box
neo_550_box2.jpg

The adapter that connectos the bowl to the closet flange.
neo_550_adapter2.jpg

Using the template to locate and drill through the tile floor.
The water supply will need to be moved behind the bowl.
There is more drywall being done, so this hole in the drywall with be patched and texturered with the rest of the remodel repairs.

neo_550_template.jpg

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Here is the back of the bowl.
neo_550_back.jpg

And here is the connection before the Velcro attached panels are installed.
The Drywall will be patched.
neo_550_wall_connection.jpg

neorest_550.jpg

Last edited:

cowboyjosh78

Reaction score
Installation Question.

So I am thinking about ordering and installing a TOTO Neorest, and I have a couple installation questions. I jointed this forum just to ask about the TOTO. First off my water supply (Zurn Pex) comes up thru the floor and is, thats how they plumb here in this part of Colorado very seldom do we see a toilet water supply thru the wall, does the water supply have to be thru the wall? Does the water supply have to be in a certain location in respect to the TOTO unit? Can someone explain anything based on the attached pictures? Attached are 2 pictures of the toilet I want to replace in question. I will hire the plumbing out, I'm an electrician by trade and don't pretend to be a plumber.

Attachments

• toiletbigpic.jpg
    toiletbigpic.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 3,424
  • toiletwater.jpg
    toiletwater.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 3,405
Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The instructions for the Neorest 550 show the supply coming through the floor.

Either the wall or the floor will work.

neo_550_template.jpg

Last edited:

cowboyjosh78

Reaction score
Alright, I was just a little concerned about clearances so that the waste pipe and water supply don't have to be relocated. I am hoping this is a run of the mill toilet swap and not a full blown remodel. So for the TOTO if the water supply isn't in the ideal perfect location as your pictures on the template show, can the TOTO still be installed without relocating a water supply? Are you relocating the water supply to make the install look great or for function I guess is what I am asking?

Final question for now, how well does the TOTO match existing bisquit colored bath fixtures? I like the idea of a remote control toilet, the wife is more concerned about everything matching.

Thanks again

[video=youtube;wR7NkeLMA08]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR7NkeLMA08[/video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR7NkeLMA08

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Sedona Beige is very close to Biscuit.

The Neorest 550 has side wings that Velcro on, so it makes sense to move the valve within that area, otherwise you have to cut through the panels for the water supply.

It's not major, but I do allow 4-5 hours to install one of these.

You can see in the picture here, that the valve could be been in the opposite direction.
The connector from the bowl threads on, and it doesn't care which direction the shutoff is installed in.
The knob can be low near the floor, or on the high side, away from the floor.

neo_550_wall_connection.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A Neorst installed in Seattle. After the picture was taken, we pulled the cord in a little tighter.
I put some blue color in the bowl so I could take a video, but the battery was too low on the camera for video.
You can see the night light is on.

neorest_550_open_lid3.jpg

TotoNYC

Reaction score
Neorest 550 Unifit question

Hi Terry,

Great website and forum. Thanks for hosting it.

My question is regarding the Neorest 550. I know that there is no Neorest 14" unifit adapter (yet.) However, is there room under the skirt to have a longer 14" Neorest Unifit adapter, if Toto every chooses to manufacture one? With all of the turmoil happening in Japan, it looks like there will be a very low chance that they would bother making a Neorest 14" adapter, since it is a rare rough-in, and would unlikely make any money making them.

The regular Unifit adapters appear to be PVC, and the only differences between the 10" and 12" is a 2" PVC extender, and the 14" has two 2" extenders.

The Neorest 12" unifit adapter, looks more like the regular Toto 10" unifit adapter. Is there any way to cut and extend a standard Neorest 12" unifit and make it longer by 2"

Thanks

George

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You could have the electrician wire the outlet behind to the right and have the removable panel hide it.

The Unfit and the Neorest adapter have a different bolt arrangement at the back. Also, the bowl outlet on the two bowls are in a different location. I don't think the two can be interchanged.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks