Drain code HELP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Racerxjling

Reaction score
Hello

Anyone know if it is building/plumbing code to run a sink drain along the wall ABOVE the foundation? We are trying to add 3 sinks to a small commercial business. All 3 sinks will be in 1 line w/ the existing sink. We didn't want to sawcut the foundation if possible.

Thank you

Jeff
Riverside, CA

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I'm not a plumber...I read a lot and lurk here. If you can provide the proper pitch for the drain - 1/4" per foot until the point where it goes down to the sewer and you can provide the proper venting, then I don't think you will have a problem. Asthetics may fail, but code probably wouldn't. The pipe needs to be supported - code would say at what intervals.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
nope

Nope. The only way it could tell was by measuring how far it falls before it goes horizontally. Since it is dark inside the pipe, the water cannot use a ruler to make that determination, and so it has to guess using the time it takes, while also computing its acceleration. But it also cannot read its watch in the dark, so it has to use "One second", "two seconds", etc. which can be inaccurate for the slight difference between the two locations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks