Pump Start Relay (I think)

Users who are viewing this thread

he8833

Reaction score
Ok guys I need some help newbie to all of this

here is the setup trying to help my pop out

3/4 horse lake pump plugged into outlet 10 feet from shoreline 115 line run from outside outlet to a 30 amp circuit which is on the main electrical panel for house

Coming directly off the pump has a 4 valve spicket like this http://www.berryhilldrip.com/images/62032FauPic.jpg in which 3/4 inch polyethylene tubing is connected. He primarily only uses 2 of the four lines. First line has the "stake in ground sprinklers" coming off the tubing for watering the lawn covers the lawn great...

2nd line is for watering a garden bed

The most efficent way @ the moment is he walks down into the basement to turn on the circuit which turns on the pump (not very pratical)

Question for this post so I can better understand the fundemntals

Is their such thing as pump start relay with a timer built in timer? This way its simply turns on the pump and only 1 valve is open (single zone) which waters the lawn based on a schedule. In my limitied reading it sounds like most pump start relays are connected to a irrigation controller. However its sounds like a controller is neccessary when you have multiple zones (valves)? If we wanted to keep this really basic as to simply control 1 zone....Does such a pump start relay exist.

Any other suggestions are welcome

thanks in advance

onedrop

Reaction score
I haven't heard of a pump start relay that acts as a single station irrigation timer. You can get a single station timer though. I would just get a regular 4 station controller along with a pump star relay.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks