Attaching a cleanout to a cleanout

Users who are viewing this thread

vanhoudn

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm moving a kitchen back to the original room. (It was moved by the previous owners into a bedroom!)

This is directly below where the sink will be:

We think the simplest thing would be to make the PVC to copper transition using the clean out plug. We'd put in a new pvc clean out on top of it, so that we could have access into the pipe if we needed it.

Would that be a bad plan?

(Another thread on this forum said that screwing a male pvc adapter into a female copper pipe is fine. So that gives me hope for the simple fix.)

Our other option would be to un-sweat the copper plug and use a rubber adapter (furnco?) to make the pvc to copper transition. To me, that seems a little less desirable, but I figure I should let the plumbers make that call.

Is there a third option we should pursue?

Thanks,

Nathan

vanhoudn

Reaction score
We'll be using an automatic vent kit we picked up at Lowes. I don't want to be running pipe through the roof!

Can I get a second affirmation on our first method?

Thanks,

Nathan

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

Either option would be acceptable, and the third one would be to put a female adapter in place of the cap and go from there. The deciding factor as to which one to do would be which makes the final sink connection easier.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks