Hair gunk blob. Yum. PVC drain question.

Users who are viewing this thread

skydiverMN

Reaction score
My shower drains slowly and I have a plastic (PVC?) catcher thing that I'd like to remove to get better access to the blobby disgusting mess inside. I haven't tried to remove it yet, but are these usually attached with PVC cemented or just silicone caulk? Does it make a difference when it gets reinstalled?

Any thoughts or suggestions that I should be aware?

Thanks!

SkydiverMN
:D

TedL

Reaction score
Your highly technical description has us baffled. Try posting a picture so we can understand.......................

Cookie

Reaction score
I really do think I know what you mean, I have one of those. I think they are not removeable, and I get the hair mess, too, but I use a Qtip and use that to clean it out. It works okay, not great but it allows the water to drain better. If we are talking about the same thing, mine started to crack alittle and slide to the one side. Mine is about, 15 years old maybe.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks