American Standard Champion with skid marks

Users who are viewing this thread

suem600

Reaction score
My Champion always has skid marks. The back of the bowl looks like it has water flow marks. I think there is not enough water coming into the bowl to entirely flush it. Inside the tank, the water comes to the half way mark. How can I increase the amount of water in the tank and the bowl. At this point, saving water is not an issue, cleanliness is. Thanks for your help.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can not alter the amount of water. You have a poor quality product and that's your problem. Since low flow toilets are now required by law in all new construction, saving water is a factor. There is a major misconception that low flow toilets can not really perform like the old guzzlers. The reason is, many of the old name brands have not really redesigned their toilets to work with less water. Thousands of folks using Toto toilets do not have problems because Toto took the time to design their products to work within the low usage mandate.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
How old is your toilet?
I just installed a Champion4 and though a LARGE peice of china it works really good, flushes fast and washes the bowl well.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There usually is a water level mark on the inside of the tank. If it does not fill to that point, you either have a defective fill valve, or it needs to be adjusted. These things don't just change the setting on their own, so unless it was that way when you bought it, it's probably not the adjustment (although you could try).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks