lavatory drain alternative to pop-up

Users who are viewing this thread

joni41

Reaction score
I'm installing a lavatory (with overflow) with a single hole, single handle faucet with no pop-up lever because I dislike them a lot. But now I have to find an alternative. Of course there is the old rubber stopper type, and I am actually considering that. But I'm curious about lift and turn ones, push button types, and a flip-up version. Then there is this one: http://www.fixtureuniverse.com/products/view.aspx?family=329110
Anyone with experience with any of them them? Do they hold water? Can you remove what you need to for cleaning? How does that last one work? I like the way it looks, but can't figure out from the picture what it does.
Thanks for any help.
Joni

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
It's just what it says it is...
You pull out the plug! :eek:

I would go with the lift and turn.

joni41

Reaction score
Thanks!

Thank you for the suggestion.
Re the photo of the pull out, does it recess completely? The left picture looks as if it might, but then how does one get hold of it?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pull out

From the picture at the bottom is is just like a 1920 pull chain and plug. There are all kinds of alternatives to a pop up. Push/push racheting ones, push/pull, lift and turn, etc.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks