Help please !! Belanger shower diverter stem

Users who are viewing this thread

torontoguy

Reaction score
Hi all, I need some help. I am having a heck of a time finding an original replacement BELANGER shower diverter stem. I ordered one but the the end of the stem is smaller which causes water to come out of the shower head because it doesn't seal. See picture attached the new one is the lower one and the original is the upper one. Any help would be much appreciated it seems I am running in to a dead end. The system is 35 years old and changing the whole unit out is not an option at this time. Thanks in advance

belanger-stem.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

torontoguy

Reaction score
The O ring second from the right keeps coming off because the retainer ring is worn. Thanks

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
diverter

How about finding a thin brass washer with the right sized opening and o.d. to retain the O ring? Put it over the stem and use the spring to hold it in place.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks