tank won't take air ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Lynnfish

Reaction score
Submersible pump keeps about ten lbs. of water pressure in the tank and will not go any higher and will not shut off. When we try to add air to the galvanized tank (with the tank completly empty of water) we only get 10 lbs. of air pressure and we can hear air bubbling down the well. I understand this could be a leak in the pipe or a check valve not working, but can this happen if the water table has dropped? My question is should we try to add a section of pipe to drop the pump deeper or are the bubbles a sure indicator of one of the other possible problems meaning we need to pull the pump. I am in Texas and we are in a drought. Thanks for your time, Lynn.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
If you have an airmaker system the air could be coming out the bleeders if the check valve is bad. If this is the case replace it first.

The water table can be measured and compared to the depth of your pump.

It is perhaps just as likely that you have a leak in the drop pipe.

Last edited:

Lynnfish

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. We will be pulling the pump tomorrow, Lynn.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks