30 X 60 Tub - Anything Besides Villager or Princeton?

Users who are viewing this thread

sheellah

Reaction score
I have a small NYC 5 X 8 bathroom and need a 30 X 60 alcove tub under 15" high as it's mostly used for showers, and a taller one is too hard to get in and out of as I get older. I'm doing a higher end look, and it's discouraging that these two seem to be my only choice. No room to build a surround.

Are there any others? Would prefer cast iron, but any material that will hold up 20+ years would also be fine. Any ideas? Thanks!

pmetiv

Reaction score
We had the same issue and went with the villager. It's probably a better bet then the Princeton since the shape is a bit more interesting.

If you don't mind having it a bit higher, the Kohler Hourglass comes in 30x60 but is 17in high....it is lower then most Acrylic tub which normally go for 20-22in high.

Good luck!

Pierre

sheellah

Reaction score
I don't think acrylic tubs hold up well. Don't they scratch and stain easily? Really want the cast iron. I can't believe there's only one on the market. The Villager is nice but I really don't like that boomerang decoration on the apron. I like the design of the Princeton better, but not the Americast.

sheellah

Reaction score
A surround takes up several inches and I don't think I have enough clearance as the toilet is pretty close. I don't even think they make anything as small as 30" wide where you can tile the apron. What is the minimum number of inches that a tiled apron can add to the width of a tub?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Zero...if you build a wall that is recessed the thickness of the tile, once installed, it could end up flush with the edge of the tub.

sheellah

Reaction score
Thanks! Didn't know that. I would prefer some edge thickness though. I think it looks better. I don't know if they make a 30" tub though with no apron at all.