TOTO Unifit adapter

Users who are viewing this thread

john czar

Reaction score
My plumber is hesitant to use the Unifit rough in for the Toto Carlyle toilet. He will need to use the 10" as it sits 11" from the wall. What is the reputation on this Unifit rough in? Am I asking for trouble? He has no experience with it and feels it will be a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Works great. That toilet uses a unifit adapter, regardless. It comes with a 12", but you can replace it with either the 10 or 14" version as an extra cost replacement. He may be thinking that it is used in addition to the "normal" toilet connection; it IS the normal toilet connection for that series of Toto's. I've got one and a Vespin (which also uses the adapter) and they're fine. Have him look at the thing, and he'll come around. The only thing is that there are holes that need to be drilled to mount the thing. If you've got tile, it takes a little longer. First you set it over the flange, mark the holes for the 4 screws at the back, drill, then screw it to the flange and the 4 holes. Then you set the toilet on the adapter and use the flange bolts coming out of the adapter rather than the flange. Don't forget the wax ring or waxless seal under the adapter.

RioHyde

Plumber
Reaction score
Tell your plumber not to be intimidated by something he hasnt seen/installed before....or hire a different plumber. He isnt going to be able to install your carlyle without the adapter.

TOTO Unifit information

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
unifit-install-01.jpg

I just sold another one of these. This is the standard 12" rough, and they come in 10" and 14".
I install quite a few. I had one home where I was installing three toilets. I used all three in that home, the 10", the 12" and the 14". It's not often that the roughs are all different like that, but it didn't matter with these on the truck. There are just some models of TOTO that use them.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would suggest you to to U Tube and look at how the Unifit is installed. It is different from what your plumber is used to, but it is not really difficult. Also, what you and your plumber don't seem to realize is that the six Toto toilets that use the Unifit absolutely can not be installed in the traditional fashion, and the Unifit will not work on other models or brands of toilets. You might want to find a plumber that can read and follow directions and who is not afraid to do something out of the way it has always been done.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks