Extending an Existing Well

Users who are viewing this thread

lzenglish

Reaction score
Hello. I have an existing Well, with a 6 inch casing, and is 200 feet deep. The water level has dropped 25 to 30 feet in the last 35 years. I have added as much drop pipe as I can, without pumping sand. My question is, Can a 6 inch cased Well be extended?, and if so, would it fall under a different permit guidline such as (repair), to eliminate any new grouting, and New Well Permit?
Thanks

lzenglish

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but maybe I worded my question poorly. I want to have it drilled to 300 feet, thru the existing casing. What is a K-pack?
Thanks

lzenglish

Reaction score
A asked a friend of mind. This will vary place to place. He said you would NOT need a permit in his state and grout will not matter as it will not be possible.

Thanks for checking

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks