Toto CT705's going back. New toilet recs?

Users who are viewing this thread

arwe

Reaction score
We just built a clinic with two washrooms. I had spent the past two years in a clinic with the Toto CT705 with a Sloan Flushometer valve and I was so impressed by its once and done performance that I decided to duplicate this in our new location. But it's been a disaster. The flush is weak at best and at worst the water chugs back and forth at the end of the flush so that even a small piee of toilet paper remains at the bottom.

Two plumbers have puzzled over this and one suggested that our water supply to the building (via a one inch pipe off the city supply) is inadequate for the needs of this toilet. He based this on a table of "units" available and "units" required.He suggested the Drake based on his experience and we're considering this option. But now I see Toto has this double cyclone system. This is attractive to me because it seems that we will have less bowl cleaning to do. So I'm torn between the Drake (or Ultramax) and the Drake II (or Ultramax II). The bathrooms will see a fair amount of public use and I don't want to be concerned about brushing the toilet every day to keep it presentable.

What suggestions does anyone have for my situation? Thanks a lot.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you only have a 1" water line to the building, you will need a tank type toilet.

The plumbers are right, the meter and the water service need to be sized bigger for a Sloan Flushometer.

Any of the tank type toilets should work fine, as it holds the water in the tank, and then drops it.

If you are going with standard height elongated, then the Drake and the Ultramax can be gotten with CEFIONTECT
If you need the higher bowl and CEFIONTECT, then the Ultramax II and the Drake II.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks