Toilet tank overflows

Users who are viewing this thread

aaiken

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I just registered because I have a problem with my toilet that I couldn't find anywhere online, so I'm hoping you guys and gals can enlighten me.

The problem started with my toilet tank constantly leaking into the bowl, which was more annoying than troubling. Then a couple of days later, when I went to flush the toilet, the tank kept filling up with water until it was leaking out of the flush handle. It's not a problem with the height of the float ball, because whenever the water level raises it to the proper height it does engage, but then instead of stopping the flow of water, it causes a constant surge of air to be pumped through the bottom of the tube, not the overflow tube, but the other cylindrical assembly I don't have a name for.

I'm guessing that either the fill tube needs to be fixed/replaced, but if anyone knows what I'm talking about then I would really love to get some feedback. Thanks for your attention!

Alex

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Last edited:

aaiken

Reaction score
Hi Terry,

Thanks a lot for your response, I'm going to look into replacing those parts, but just so you know I haven't been letting the toilet leak, I've been turning the water to the toilet on and off whenever I've needed to flush. That's good to know anyways though, I never knew a leak could cause that much waste.

Alex

aaiken

Reaction score
Hey Terry,

Thank you so much for the advice, I just finished replacing both the fill valve and the flapper and my toilet works like new. I really appreciate your helping me on my way to self-sufficience.

Alex

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks