Switched from Kohler to Toto - Wow Bowl/Seat Sure Is Smaller!

Users who are viewing this thread

bradesp

Reaction score
After years of utilizing a one piece kohler toilet I was shocked when our new Toto Ultramax EL toilet arrived. My wife was worried if I'd fit on the seat :)

Seriously though, why is the Toto bowl so much darn smaller? I can't honestly say that I like it...

Am I being too picky?

bradesp

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The seat is more curved than flat.

Some prefer the shaped Toto softclose seats, and some prefer the flater seats.
Any elongated seat will work with the EL bowl.
Are you sure you are sitting back where the seat is wider, or are you sitting near the front where it narrows?

Last edited:

Snowman

Reaction score
Website
blizphotos.wordpress.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

03-17-2005, 10:13 PM
Snowman
Member Join Date: Mar 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The idea of a softclose feature is very intriguing to me.

It sure seems to be more comfortable than my old Bemis. I did a search and couldn't find "negative" comments about the Toto seat.
Thanks, Tom

Snowman
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Snowman
Find all posts by Snowman
Add Snowman to Your Buddy List

#7 03-17-2005, 10:53 PM
Terry
Terry Love Join Date: Aug 2004

I have many customers that love the softclose seat.

I "discovered" that if you sit too close to the front of the Toto seat it IS uncomfortable. I did sit too close to the front at first because I was used to a smaller round toilet in that bathroom. I found that if I sit a little closer to the back, the Toto Softclose seat is more comfortable than my old Mayfair or Bemis.
Tom

& Remodel, 1992-2005

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks