dual sinks w/ one p trap--a problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve Hinkamp

Reaction score
First, thanks to Terry Love's Plumbing & Remodel for this forum. I have a manufactured home with dual sinks in the kitchen. There is a horizontal pipe from one sink to the other and then a p trap below which goes to a vent and outlet. I sometimes leave dishes, pots, and pans in the sink for a day or two before I wash them. I'm wondering if a little food could start rotting in that long horizontal pipe. Sometimes I feel a little sick to my stomach and then I clean the dishes and spray Lysol in the drains and I slowly feel better. I wonder if these sinks could be the problem. Could installing another p trap stop this problem? I've also considered putting in a disposal for other reasons--would that solve the problem?

Thanks for any help.

Steve H.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
If you throw the food in the trash and rinse off the dishes you won't have a rotting food problem...as long as the plumbing is pitched right and you run the water for 10 seconds or so when your finished there there should be no food left in the tubing...then you can wash them any time you like...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks