Test - can you spot a code violation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Scuba_Dave

Extreme DIY Homeowner
Reaction score
Website
holidaves.com
Poster on another site wants to sell his house but figured he should fix possible problems 1st

3792392595_ea266b3c85_b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2632/3792392595_ea266b3c85_b.jpg

Thassler

Reaction score
Is there a switch for that exhaust fan in the shower stall? I would really hate to have to get out of the shower just to turn the fan on or off.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Nice...that fan must be saving them $$$ it looks like it is running on 220 v with the 2 circuts running to it and I realy like the innovation of using the overhead light to support the exaust tube...they just need a switch hanging from the ceiling on SO cord to to finish it off right by make things real accessable..

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I have a theory about home inspections: The inspector basically is going to earn his keep based on pounds of report produced. To avoid him having to make up just ridiculous stuff, throw him a couple of softballs....a cracked cover plate on a receptacle. A very small drip on a lav faucet. He gets to puff out his chest that he found these dastardly issues., you get to be all humble and promise to absolutely fix those things, and the inspector does not have to look to hard for things that would be harder for you to explain.

BUT.....this bathroom....most buyers would take a look and that and assume that even WORSE problems are hidden throughout the house!

PEW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Personally, I like the fake tile look.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
...also known as flooring that has been applied to the wall presumably so that the cable clamps could be more easily nailed to it.

It's so depressing to see an extractor fan like this in an otherwise once-perfectly code-compliant bathroom with a window that can be opened.

Scuba_Dave

Extreme DIY Homeowner
Reaction score
Website
holidaves.com
They were having a problem with mold
So rather then paint with mildew/mold resistance or tile "Dad" put up the tile
It's glued & nailed in place
He's pulling it off & just patching up the sheetrock
Fan will be removed

I think the wire coming from the light feeds the fan via a switch on the side
So only 1 wire to the fan, but looks like 2
Of course it would have been easier to just run power to the fan from the light & have a switched hot
But if you're going to muck it up might as well muck it up real good

Who needs a fan in the ceiling??
Even with windows I have a fan in every bath

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks