Dishwasher Island Plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

mtnparty

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to plumbing and have an issue with my dishwasher. I have a loop vent system behind my island dishwasher. I was told to cut the vent cap it and install a AAV on the trap side. Is this a good idea? See picture. I am going to run the water line from the side and build another 2x4 frame behind it. Any suggestions about what will work best? I am on a well and septic system. Thanks for all your help and input. Thanks, Jesse

Attachments

• P7300159.jpg
    P7300159.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 5,992

mtnparty

Reaction score
Terry, you would leave this the way it is? Do see any problems where the water line is. I was going to leave it on the inside of the cabinet side for the dishwasher and run a flexible line to it. Do you see any problems with the plumbing? I just dont really know what I am looking at and what is the best thing to do. Thanks, Jesse.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
islandvent.jpg

This is how we have run islands for years.

A flexible line for the water will be fine.
I like to put the shutoff where there is access, not hidden.
I can't tell what will be hidden, but you know what I mean.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
vent

IF it was installed properly, and since the concrete floor is poured we cannot tell if it was, then it will ALWAYS work at least as good as an AAV if the drain becomes plugged, and superior to the AAV when everything is working properly. In other words, if the drain becomes even slightly obstructed, the riser pipe will overflow regardless of which way you do it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks