EMax vs GMax?

Users who are viewing this thread

elgato

Reaction score
Today my supplier told me that he could no longer order the Drake but could order the Drake II. This is fine because you can get ADA height, round bowl and Sanigloss. My only concern is that these are EMax 1.28 gal instead of GMax 1.6. Is this cause for concern? Are there any performance comparisons yet?

A few years ago when it seemed that very few 1.6 gal units actually worked we put in a Gerber 21-302 pressure assist. It has been outstanding. Never clogs and stays clean. Except for the noise, how can I expect a Drake or Promenade to compare?

One more question: Are the Drake II and Eco-Drake the same thing?

Thanks again for all the advice and help.

Last edited:

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
The Drake is still available.
We have not had any complaints about the flushing of the 1.28gpf.
If you want you can remove the black float on top of the flapper and this will change it back to 1.6gpf.
The map test:
Drake 1.6gpf 900
Drake 1.28gpf 500
Drake II 1.28gpf 800

They changed the name of the Gwyneth to the Drake II, not sure why they changed the name but it is not the same. In my opion it is a better looking toilet and has more features than the Drake.

elgato

Reaction score
So,
The Drake 1.28 is the Eco-Drake and
The Drake II is actually the Gwyneth?

Here are my final two choices:
Promenade 1.6, Round, ADA height, Sanigloss.
Drake II 1.28, Round, ADA height, Sanigloss.

I did not see the Drake II's on their site. Should I just look at the Gwyneth?

The Drake II simply converts to 1.6 of you are unhappy with the 1.28?

Thanks Again
Tom

Peanut9199

Reaction score
So,
The Drake 1.28 is the Eco-Drake and
The Drake II is actually the Gwyneth?

Yes that's correct

Here are my final two choices:
Promenade 1.6, Round, ADA height, Sanigloss.
Drake II 1.28, Round, ADA height, Sanigloss.

Drake II is not available in "Round" only Elongated

I did not see the Drake II's on their site. Should I just look at the Gwyneth?

It is under Drake II here is the link
http://www.totousa.com/ProductDetail/tabid/75/Default.aspx?ProductId=1d273fb4-a8a5-4c11-ba1e-a4256133daa0&SearchId=937a6e1a-3649-4519-b184-84bcc9ff84a4

The Drake II simply converts to 1.6 of you are unhappy with the 1.28?

Yes it is very easy

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I've been using the Ultramax II, or one-piece Gwyneth, whichever way you call it.
It works fine with 1.28

The II series has the universal height, comfort height, chair height bowl.
You can get them in elongated or round.
The whites come with CEFIONTECT or the new word is CeFiONtect which is the better finish in the bowl.
The II series has dual outlets at the top of the bowl for the rinse.

The original Drake has the standard ledge with holes below for a straight down the bowl rinse.
Performance is pretty equal between the two bowl designs, as the trapway design is the same, and they all have the 3" flush valve.
A push and release of the handle gives either the 1.28 or the 1.60 gallons. Holding the handle down drains the entire tank. You have options.

https://terrylove.biz/toilets/11-toto-drake-ii-128-gpf.html

Last edited:

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I installed 2 of the one-piece Gwyneths a few months back and have had no trouble with them. The MaP scores on the one-piece are lower than for the two-piece, but as Terry says, Map scores don't necessarily reflect real-world performance.

I would definitely install this same model again if I had it to do over. I like the clean look of the one-piece design, and the double-cyclone bowl wash is very nice.

elgato

Reaction score
We are looking for Round Front, ADA or Comfort height and a Sanigloss type finish.

So far the only Toto that has all three is the Promenade. It only lists a one year warranty?

I thought the Drake II offered all three, thanks for the info.

The Champion 4 is available with all three and has a 10 year warranty. I guess that means they will keep sending you parts for 10 years.

The round front has really limited our options.

I assume that it makes more sense to purchase a toilet local even if it costs more. A defect out of the box could be a real mess mailorder.

Thanks Again

Peanut9199

Reaction score
Yes Promenade is the only one that meets your needs.
Toto has a 1 year warranty on parts and 5 years on the china.
If there is a defect in the toilet or parts you will see it less than a week.

American Standard will keep sending you parts up to 10 years and you can keep changing them.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Highly suggest you check the spec sheets...because of the smaller tanks on today's low-flush toilets, an elongated may not be longer than an old round toilet...don't make assumptions, check it out. Any male user will find an elongated more user friendly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks